Shaq Q

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HatcherTiger, May 28, 2004.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Shaq was recently quoted as saying something like he is the best football player playing basketball. I believe he was referring to the fact that he literally pounds on the other players. What position do you think he would be best suited for in football ? How would you like to be a QB and have Shaq running at you ? How would you like to be a QB and have him for a target ? DE ? DT ? TE ? NG ?

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A lot more than I would like to be a QB and to be Shaq's target.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I've been following the Lakers throughout the playoffs and particularly paying attention to Shaq. I beleive what he was referring to was having three guys literally hanging on to him to prevent him from getting his shot off.

Keeping with this image, I'd like to see him at running back... Sure he'd be slow and lumbering but I can just see the images of defensive players hanging onto him as he drags them down the field. Yeah yeah the defensive players are big too but hey this is not realistic by any means anyways! :grin:

4. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

Tight end.

How many db's could bat down a pass to him. Then after the catch he would not be fun to bring down.

5. Poodlebrain

Poodlebrain Freshman

Shaq At Defensive End...

I think he would have the quickness to keep most offensive tackles from getting into his knees and waist where they could get leverage to potentially push him about. He has sufficient upperbody strength to keep from getting tangled with blockers on running plays. That strength should also allow him to disrupt the balance of blockers in pass rush situations. We all know Shaq has extraordinary quickness and agility for a man his size so pass rushing should be a strong point, and his height would be an obstruction for QB's to throw over or around.

All this being said, Shaq unfortunately lacks the necessary mean streak to be a great football player.

6. Biggz425

Biggz425 Freshman

Tight end...

Shaq at TE would be unstoppable. We've already seen big DE's (i know not as big as shaq) but like Warren Sapp, Booger Mcfarland, so I think it would be interesting seeing him play TE and lil CB's trying to tackle him.:lol: :grin:

7. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Obviously Shaq would be awesome at TE or as a possession receiver. The dude has great hands and would be very adept at going high to get a pass over the top of a DB or LB.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

DE or DT obviously.

9. TigerRoar

TigerRoar Freshman

Tight end

Tight end obviously.

10. HuntsvilleTiger

HuntsvilleTiger Freshman