Shaquelle O'Neal

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Roarrrrr, Jun 20, 2004.

1. Roarrrrr

Roarrrrr Freshman

With LSU alum Shaq demanding a trade from the Lakers, do you think Dale Brown can call Shaq and ask Shaq to come home to Louisiana and play for the Hornets.?

I can see all the LSU fans in the crowd now, plus, when coach gets healthy again we will see him more at Hornets games and Shaq at our basketball games, he can talk to our young players, like Brandon Bass.

Shaq loves Coach Brown, do you think he can motivate Shaq to tell L.A. he wants to play for New Orleans, we should tell Coach Brown to do it.

:helmet: :lsug: :champs: :bball: :tigbas: :lsup: :tigerhead :eek:ldskule: :geaux:

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

First off, welcome to the forum.

I would love to be able to follow Shaq more closely and see him play in person on a regular basis once again. The Lakers have some serious rebuilding to do now... N.O. does have an all-star center to offer as partial compensation.. Who knows, it could happen.

3. Ralph_Wiggum

Ralph_Wiggum Founding Member

I think Shaq wants to play for a team that will be contenders for the title next season. Don't know if the Hornets fit that bill. He'll want to go to a team that will contend next year. Don't think he'll go to the Kings, but the Twolves, Spurs, Pistons, Pacers, and for a longshot the Mavericks are more to his liking now. At 33 and 34 for next season he most likely does not want any rebuilding projects or play in smaller markets like New Orleans.

4. Roarrrrr

Roarrrrr Freshman

Thanks for the welcome. This is a cool board.

And I think Shaq would love to return to New Orleans, I mean, if he wants to be with a contender, the possibility of Shaq and BD is going to put us in huge contention.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I wouldn't mind seeing Shaq in NO but it won't happen. More likely he will go to the Spurs, T Wolves or Pacers. Shaq and Tim Duncan would be a tough combination to beat.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

try Dallas and Cuban the billionaire would be my guess. they still lose with their 0 defense style.

7. Roarrrrr

Roarrrrr Freshman

I don't think the Lakers would give up Shaq to their heated rival in San Antonio knowing what a Shaq and Duncan combo would do.

I think if Byron Scott works his butt off, he can atleast get Shaq interested in N.O.

(I just don't see why LA would trade Shaq to already West powerhouses like Dallas or San Antonio)

8. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Yes, as everyone has said - welcome aboard Roarrrr.

#1 Shaq ain't leavin' L.A.

#2 Shaq looks GREAT in purple & gold.

#3 Shaq ain't goin' NOWHERE.
    A whole lotta woofin' but nothin' REAL goin' on.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

prolly not but one can hope. I hate LA. like I hate the yankees. part of my blood. I say hes gone cuz I want him gone and Kobe with a few scrubs to go below .500.

10. IAM4LSU2

IAM4LSU2 Founding Member

For Shaq to be traded there needs to be an equal trade money wise. So that would mean several players for his huge salary. A team would have to give up a good portion of their team to get Shaq but is it worth it? If they would have given Shaq the ball during the finals they would have won. Offense is run thru Shaq and he makes a whole team better. The double and triple teams would open up shot for other players. Would love to see him in NO but i doubt it would happen. Id bet he stays if not only due to salary reasons.