Share One of Your Fishing Secrets/Tips

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUTiga, Mar 25, 2008.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I love to fish for bream and/or spotted catfish in the river. I fish bream much more and have really increased the size of the ones I catch by fishing them deeper. The big ones are deeper and a slip cork is needed so your line doesn't have a bomerrang affect when you cast and it also enables you to cast close to trees, etc.

I fish Chicot State Park a lot, here are some pics. Btw, I use spin cast reels, the two close-faced are for my daughters. The spin cast reels allow you to really get it out away from the boat with little effort. One of my daughters had a "Fishing Clinic" today at Chicot so I brought hers in case we'd fish after but it was windy so I just went run my boat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I love bream fishing. I mostly fish Henderson, but I'd love to take a crack at Chicot. In the early part of the year (starting about 2 weeks from now) I use a jig tipped with a worm. Bream will take it and also those big Chinquapin love worms. As it gets hotter, it's strictly crickets. My cousin I fished for sac-a-lait yesterday in Bayou Amy (the one that goes by Pat's Waterfront Restaurant) and despite the wind, caught a dozen plus a few goggle-eye and about 6 short bass. The fish were in the bose-co-yoze (cypress knees) in about a foot of water.

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Not much on freshwater fishing. Much prefer the salt water.
    I like fishing the islands in the summer, and the dead end canals and slips in the winter. Winter fishing in and around lake Tambour can be tricky. You have to find a spot out of the wind, and usually fish the bottom with live baits (or cracked crabs). The Redfish and Drum are there. You just gotta to find the right protected cove.

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

not really a tip but lots of people dont completely clean up the inside of a painted jig head once they poke it to create a hole for the line. that paint can mess up your line especially with big fish.

glow sticks plus tequila while swordfishing make people throw up. not sure why.

5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

C-4 and a big net!

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

electrofishing is pretty easy too. if you can work a net you can catch a fish.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Okay Mick Dundee. :lol:

It's also important that the jig be at a 90 degree angle from the line too, if it's hanging straight down they won't hit it NEARLY as well- white perch that is. My dad and I had fished Selene pretty much and caught a lot of white perch there- it's unreal the fish there (Selene Lake, Larto, Muddy Bayou).

We also found tipping the jig with one of those lil flourescent nib-its (I think they're called) helps cause the white perch keep it in their mouth longer. Hard to beat a yo-yo (White's Auto Fisher) for sac-a-lait though.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Respect the catfish fin!

1 person likes this.
  9. clair

clair Rockets

you boys never fished until you fished in my neck of the woods: The Golden Meadow/Leeville shoots. :)

1 person likes this.
  10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

been to the er for that....ow! also been barbed by a ray. hate to say it but i deserved both. :wink: