Should a President know how to use email?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mesquite tiger, Jan 28, 2004.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

Stupid question, but very relevant for the day and age. According to this article, Clinton sent 2 emails while in office, and the only legit one he sent was with help from his aides. I am willing to bet that is 2 more then dubya, but 2 is still pretty crappy. Shouldn't our commander and chief have a better knowledge of email and the internet? I read a book, Lincoln on Leadership, and Lincoln was always writing letters to people about their performance and thoughts, and how he thought they could be better. With the technology available today to deliver these letters and memos more quickly, why not utilize it?

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/internet/01/28/clinton.email.reut/index.html

By the way, I am sure Clinton is a member of WooPig.com....right?

:)

2. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

I'm not sure whether the President should be on the internet more often or not.
    I know the internet greatly increases productivity at work.
    Ooops.
    I loved the internet at every desk movement.
    Just what kids need.
    I'm sure they would only use the internet to further research George Washington and Albert Einstein when in history or math class?

3. ClassOfTheSEC03

ClassOfTheSEC03 Freshman

probably so given the way computers are everywhere nowadays, but I don't think it's relevant as to how he performs his job as president.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't think it matters one way or the other. The presidents public email address is [email protected] and there are probably thousands of emails every day. The president wouldn't have time to read much of it and there are paid staffers to go through it and bring anything relevant to his attention. Since the president has daily briefings in person from his staff his use of email wouldn't make much difference to the running of the country's business.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

yes , it definitely doesnt matter at all.