News Should we start a Mettenberger Watch thread?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FirstCoastTiger, Nov 28, 2010.

1. FirstCoastTiger

FirstCoastTiger FirstCoastTiger

He is scheduled to play in the JUCO Championship game this Saturday. After JJ and JL returned to their old bad habits yesterday I am just ready to look toward the future.

Although he hasn't formally committed yet, most people say he's a lock for LSU.

Here's the details if anyone is interested...

2010 NJCAA Football Bowl Matchups Announced

#1 Butler vs. #2 Navarro will play for 2010 NJCAA Football Championship at Citizen's Bank Bowl

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Nov. 16, 2010) - The selection of teams for participation in this year's NJCAA football bowl games have been announced by the representatives of each contest. The nine sanctioned NJCAA postseason events will take place Nov. 20th through Dec. 5th.

The Citizen's Bank Bowl will again be the talk of the bowl season. For the second consecutive year the game will host the NJCAA Football Championship as No. 1 Butler Community College (Kan.) will take on No. 2 Navarro College (Texas) on Dec. 5th. The game will be played at Carnie Smith Stadium in Pittsburg, Kan., which is one the premier football stadiums in the nation and home to Pittsburg State University of the NCAA Division II ranks. Last season, Blinn College (Kan.) defeated Fort Scott Community College (Kan.) in the first-ever Citizen's Bank Bowl, which also was sanctioned as the NJCAA Football Championship.

Butler (11-0) will be playing for its third national championship in four seasons, having captured titles in 2007 and 2008. Navarro (10-1) will be playing for its first national title since their 1989 championship season. The two squads are quite familiar with each other as they opened the 2010 season back in August in a contest played at Wichita's Cessna Stadium. The Grizzlies got past the Bulldogs 16-10 and never looked back, winning 11 straight games and claiming both the Kansas Jayhawk CC Conference and Region 6 Championship crowns. The Grizzlies have been ranked No. 1 in the NJCAA poll for the past seven weeks.

After the loss, Navarro won 10 consecutive games and locked up their fourth-straight Southwest JC Football Conference regular season title and also won their first conference playoff championship since 2007. The Bulldogs have been ranked in the top 10 in the NJCAA poll all season and have held the No. 2 post for the past three weeks.

The 2010 NJCAA Football Championship at the Citizen's Bank Bowl will be broadcast live online via NJCAA TV (www.njcaa.org/tv) and PSB LIVE (www.psblive.com) through the NJCAA's official broadcasting partner Panhandle Sports Broadcasting. Fans can also listen to the game live at www.991espn.com.

2. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: I've been way past ready to hear he's coming to Baton Rouge. The suspense is killin' me! :hihi: We need him badly and if LSU can sign him we'll be an SEC and NC contender for the next three years at least, IMO. Zach, come on down! We need ya buddy. :thumb: :LSU231:

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

There is a long thread on the recruiting board.

4. souljaslim1

souljaslim1 Bigg Daddy

You people need to realise one thing....

It doesnt matter if joe montana, troy aikman, tom brady, and peyton manning is on LSUs sidelines..Les will start his boy...Jordan Jefferson....

get use to it.....

5. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I'm not so sure about this. Many have noted in other related threads that Les is playing younger guys -- a large number of freshman have received PT this year. Given our QB issues for the past three seasons, as stubborn as Les can be, he would have sense to play a younger QB (hopefully Mettenberger) if the younger QB outperforms the upperclassmen in the spring.

:geauxtige

6. WinnfieldTiger

WinnfieldTiger Founding Member

I love LSU. It ruins my day or week when the lose. My wife and kids don't want to be around me during the game and they avoid me like the plague when we lose. I was one of those who felt we could easily lose five games this year. Lady Luck was on our side and we came out 10-2, miraculously. I am also one of those who believes with an adequate, not great, but adequate QB, we beat Auburn and Arkansas and play for the NC. We did it with both Matts, neither who were great, but were pretty decent and did not make mistakes as we do now.

Having said that, my question is why is it that a year-end, year-out contender for the SEC and NC like we are (or should be), unable to recruit a national QB?

Les is safe but his loyalty to Captain Imagination (Crowton) and his inability to sign and develop a decent QB will eventually cost him his job and cause us more heartbreak.

I think Les Miles is a good and decent man who does not cheat, does pretty decent in keeping his players in tow, and does a great recruiting job. I am not bashing him but I do question our QB situation and his loyalty to those who continue to fail him and us.

7. FirstCoastTiger

FirstCoastTiger FirstCoastTiger

I agree with you. Here's what Les said in the paper a few weeks ago before the Ole Miss game:

"

"Asked earlier this week about his quarterback situation for 2011, Les Miles expressed something a lot of LSU football fans are probably feeling.

“I think everybody knows we need a quarterback,” Miles said."

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

"Us people" realize that Les will play his best quarterback and that you are no expert.

9. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Jefferson reverted to what old ways? How is 16/27 for 185 yards and no interceptions a bad game?

More than good enough to win. Start a La'el Collins watch thread instead. The OL is the problem, not the QB.

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

He did enough passing wise but needed more rushing yards IMO. Really had no pocket to work with the whole game however. Rough 1st start for Chris Faulk.