News Should we start a Mettenberger Watch thread?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FirstCoastTiger, Nov 28, 2010.

1. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

It is when you take 4 sacks, and not all of those were blown O-line coverages. Again, Jefferson holds on to the ball way too damn long, and with our playcalling and execution problems, sacks almost always translate to a punt or turnover.

2. FirstCoastTiger

FirstCoastTiger FirstCoastTiger

I guess that those stats are decent enough but what I saw on Saturday looked more like the Jefferson of old. Indecisive, lacking pocket awareness and taking dumb sacks, and an overall lack of leadership on the field that a starting QB at a top 5 program needs to show after 3 years on the job. That's my opinion anyway. And I think that for some reason JL has actually regressed in a way. So yeah I am REALLY hoping ZM comes through for us next year.

3. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

While I'm all for some new QB blood to come into LSU and tear it up. Please don't count your eggs before they hatch.

The biggest thing if he comes is that I hope a we have a QB coach and OC that can coach him up. Which seems to be a weakness right now for us.

4. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Not sayin' we'd win an NC by any means. Just sayin' that with a QB of his ability and based on the potential he's shown that we could certainly contend for an SEC title and possibly an NC if he's our QB. If we had a QB now who could consistently throw now we might be in the mix for this years title. We certainly would've beaten R-Kansas yesterday and the Auburn game is maybe closer.

Certainly nothing is guaranteed, but combining him with the tremendous talent on this team and continued recruiting of high level talent, I like our chances if Zach Mettenberger comes to LSU. I know one thing, he's a hell of lot better than what we've got right now. And that's no disrespect to JJ or J. Lee, it's just fact.

Totally agree we need a new OC though and a new OL coach as well. Crowton & Studrawa both need to move on to "other opportunities". :LSU231:

5. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

curious...did we not contend for a National Championship this year?? I know what you mean...just sayin