Should you televise the Spring game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Apr 7, 2004.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Found this on the AU board. Is their a benefit to opponents by televising your spring game?

SouthOC4SC
    (4/7/04 3:25:55 pm )
    Stop televising your Spring game!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hate to say it but Pete Carroll admitted he got a lot of help from watching the tape of the Auburn Spring game last year! Someone needs to tell this to CTT.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Nick Saban is not going to show anything in the spring game that would cause LSU to lose to Oregon State.

3. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

How True....

I'm not sure ol' Tommy Tubberville is that smart...

...even though I'll bet with THOSE ears that that dude could hear a firing committee coming from a MILE AWAY....

4. BB

BB Founding Member

I agree - also, anyone can attend the Spring Game and film it. Hell, the entire Oregon State staff could attend if they really wanted to.

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Guys, I don't buy into it either, just find it an interesting statement from PC. Maybe he was trying to soothe their blow buds wounds. The words COMPLETELY outclassed would be more like the reason than a tape of the spring game. :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D

6. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Ole big ears has less room in that pin head for brains

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I seriously doubt anyone would learn an awful lot from watching a spring game ... sounds like someone is trying to make an excuse for their beating.

8. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Pete Carroll got a lot of help from the AP writers last year too...

...but you don't hear him crowing about THAT, do ya?????

9. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Where did he say this? Where was this reported? What news outlet got this quote? I find it really hard to believe he'd make a comment like that...I mean, assistants from different schools travel all over the United States to go to "cram sessions" in which they go on campus to other schools to learn the intricacies and nuances of their system.

For example, like people from the PAC-10 going to Lubbock, Texas, to learn the Red Raider's frenetic air attack. Or a team like Air Force going to Lincoln (in the past, at least) to learn the option.

Nebraska coaches, if I'm not mistaken, came to see what LSU did against Florida in the 1995 offseason to soak in Carl Reese's defensive strategy, and they credit it with helping them learn more about how to stop FU in the 1996 championship game...

Spring game tapes are just one tool...But they're not giving away state secrets...

10. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

That was a USC fan posting that. There is no excuse for the beating we took. It was laughable and embarassing. It still smarts. :cry: