Signing Day Winners & Losers

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by BB, Feb 3, 2005.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

Stewart Mandel's (Sports Illustrated) Thoughts...

Winners: South Carolina, Florida State, Iowa, Arizona, Ole Miss

Losers: Texas, Miami, Notre Dame, Washington, UNC

>Full Article<

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

It looks good for Orgeron today, but I'm predicting right now that Jerrel Powe
    never suits up as an Ole Miss Rebel.

3. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Winner: Florida State. The "Noles class was looking rather average until suddenly, within about a three-hour span Wednesday, they landed WR Fred Rouse, RB Antone Smith and LB Eugene Hayes, all among the top six at their position according to Scout.com.

"I can't say it's unexpected, but it's still surprising," said Wallace. "It just goes to show Bobby Bowden always has some tricks up his sleeve."

"Tricks up his sleeve"...heheh...is that what they're calling slush funds these days?

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I think Orgeron has the kids believing he can turn around their program. He won't be able to use that marketing ploy for long if he doesn't start to deliver.

However, Miles was at a disadvantage because he had to convince kids he would keep LSU on top - a much harder task if you ask me.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Very good point!

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

That is exactly what I was telling some friends yesterday. His GPA is in the dumpster.

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I agree with you.

Side note, I know that South Carolina land some pretty good recruits, but there's not that many South Carolina recruits that exactly blow me away. IMO, Nebraska, Iowa, OU, FSU and USC appear to be "winners".

South Carolina is no more a "winner" than we are--and I think we have a very, VERY SOLID recruiting class--Especially for ONLY having 14 signings!

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

FSU's late run on signing day was probably the best in recruiting history. They also landed Callahan Bright , the #2 DT in the nation as well as Matt Hardrick, the #5 OT in the nation. Rouse (#2 WR), Smith (#1 RB) and Hayes (#3 LB) came earlier in the day.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well the Perrilloux signing was extremely significant. It's the most important position on the field. It makes the biggest difference from losing no more than 1 game versus losing as many as 3 games in a season.

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

You have to remember if Ole Miss get's bugs bunny and the road runner they would be considered one of their best recruiting classes ever. Out side of the Eli snag of a few years ago

and maybe Lane, they've got zilch. same as always. :eek:lefire: