Six High Schoolers Declare Dor NFL Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Geaux5000, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Geaux5000

Geaux5000 Founding Member

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

that is my worry... how long do you think these game breakers we are getting in from amp hill to early won't get offered a bundle to go pro after 1 or 2 years? many teams will want them and not being ready for the nfl won't matter. they will take chances. could end up being like baseball.

3. geauxtigers84

geauxtigers84 Freshman

No names

As for all of the high schoolers, none of them are names I recognized from even being recruited. I wonder if they weren't and just felt like taking a shot?

4. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

I should have delcared.

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

it'll never be like baseball. baseball has minor leagues to get the kids ready to play. No one has gone from high school to the majors. at least, i don't think anyone has. Andruw Jones might have, I remember him being 18 or 19 and playing in the world series.

6. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Andruw Jones played a season and a half in the minors. There was a guy named Horner.. Bob I think.. pitcher.. straight to the majors.. sucked and didn't go anywhere.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

numbers overall, no of course not but % wise , it easily could. there aren't a lot of deion sanders type athletes on many teams in div-1a but there are a few on the top tier teams. these guys will get offers and many will have to accept the deal. you dont have to develop those types size wise, just their skills and that starts when they become part of the franchise

andruw jones was in the minors one yr started in single a then AA then AAA. played in WS @19 yrs with 2hrs in his first 2 ABs i think. not bad. woulda been nice being the minor league player of yr and WS MVP the same year.

8. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

if the braves didn't blow it back in 96, that would have happened too

grrrrrrrrrrr

9. rookie

rookie Founding Member

Not one guy was even in the Rivals database...

probable failed out of high school.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would have declared out of high school. I knew I wasn't going to play college football anyway. I could have had a big draft day party and then acted disapointed when I didn't get drafted.