Sixth Annual Treatise On Why Ole Miss Sucks

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bestbank Tiger, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

SIXTH ANNUAL TREATISE ON WHY OLE MISS SUCKS

Five years ago, we were on the tail end of one of the great aberrations in the history of sports. Ole Miss had won four of five against LSU. That, with the presence of Eli Manning on their roster, led Rebel fans to run their mouths (and keyboards) nonstop. During the summer, before the Lair became a subscription board, we were treated to the wisdom of Timmy O'Toole, YankeeReb, RebsRuleBR, and other assorted Ole Miss flamers. (This in spite of the fact that the 4 of 5 pace would have taken another 20 years to even the series).

Inspired by past rants such as "Why Aggies Are The Shame Of Texas" and John Keith Taylor's "Why I Hate The University of Alabama", I decided to unload on Ole Miss with both barrels. The result was the First Annual Treatise On Why Ole Miss Sucks. Our Tigers restored the rightful order of the cosmos with a win over the Rebels, and I decided to make the treatise an annual tradition.

1) They're a bunch of pretentious redneck retards. Contrary to the popular belief in Oxford, J. Crew gear does NOT give you elegance. It's like putting lipstick and a prom dress on a pig. You still have a pig, not a homecoming queen. That's true even in Oxfart, where it would be an improvement over most homecoming queens.

2) A Rebel's idea of tailgating is hanging a chandelier in the Grove, eating catered food off fine china, and finding a fantabulous centerpiece for their table. That's tailgating?? Yet they say LSU brings "too much cooking equipment" which is "too much work". Hello, McFly? If you want good tailgating, put all that effort into the food instead of decorating. Geesh. Save your ample interior decorating prowess for something that really needs it, like Port-a-Vaught.

3) What is Ole Miss best known for? Yep, a segregationist race riot. Speaking of which, they haven't won the SEC "SINCE INTEGRATION". Their last title was 1963. That's so long ago that some NFL coaches and NFL Hall of Famers hadn't been born yet. Tulane and Georgia Tech were still in the SEC. Walking on the moon was an ambitious goal. A gallon of gas cost thirty cents. And none of the big civil rights acts had been passed. Damn, they missed a few more chances to burn their own campus. Pity because each fire would have caused thousands of dollars in improvements.

4) They have a grossly inflated opinion of themselves. Reality is beginning to settle in as far as athletics is concerned--their home crowds look like a Florida Marlins game. But they still honestly think they set the standard for class. So how do they explain their tratment of David Cutcliffe? When they were looking for a new coach after Ears skedaddled out of town, Eli was a senior in high school and trying to decide on a college. So the Weebles hired Cutcliffe, a quarterback guru highly regarded by the Mannings. The ploy worked and Eli went to Ole Miss. But it wasn't a good-faith hire. The Rebs waited for Eli to graduate, then fired Cut just one year later. Nice people, huh? Then, after an exhaustive national search, Ole Metrosexual settled on a missing link named Ed Orgeron, who is best known for ripping his shirt off at his first team meeting and for the "Yawyawyawyawyawyaw" song.

5) So, how did the hire work out for the Rebs? HAHA! In O's first season, he lost to Vandy, Wyoming, and Mississippi State. Ouch. But he must have been losing with Cutcliffe's players. Just wait until his recruiting kicks in. Let's look at his first recruiting class--12 of 29 are still in Oxford. Hmmm...maybe they better stop worrying about a fence around Memphis and build one around their own campus. But at least they got Brent Schaefer to transfer. Where have I heard that name before? Oh yeah! He's the guy who couldn't beat Erik Ainge and Rick Clausen on the depth chart at Tennessee. Was he the savior of their program?? Not exactly. He lost the starting job to walk-on Seth Adams. Meanwhile the product on the field has gotten so bad that the Rebs will probably be the only losing team in the conference, and after one game the fans threw their shoes on the field. Well, that doesn't mean anything. Ole Miss fans don't know what else to do with a shoe.

6) A few weeks after Katrina, Bay Bay had one of his assistants call a Tulane assistant and ask how he and his family were doing. Then O took the phone and said "The real reason I'm calling is I heard you might be dropping football and I wanted to get a head start on some of your players." I don't know which is worse--being a sleazy vulture or being desperate enough to poach players from a program that hasn't had a winning Conference USA record since 1998.

7) The Tigers went through some lean times a few years ago. But Ole Myth was a good cure for our ills. 1987-99 was the worst era in LSU history. During that period, the Weebles still won only 6 of the 13 games. Put another way, they had a sub-.500 record against the Archmannardo brain trust. Speaking of Archmannardo, Vandy had a 2-2 record against the Rebels when Dumbardo was coaching in Nashville.

8) 5 of the 6 West teams have appeared in the SEC Championship game. Guess which one hasn't made the trip? Nope, not Mississippi State--even Jackie the Clown went to Atlanta. That's right, the weebles. This in spite of having Vanderbilt as a permanent East opponent. The only time they came close was 2003, when Eli fell on his ass and their hopes died. They settled for their first division co-championship and hung a banner for it. They HUNG A BANNER for something Gerry Dinardo accomplished twice.

9) The Manning Legacy? Sucking. The Mannings played 11 seasons in the SEC. Only Peyton ever won the conference, and he had to go to Tennessee to do it. Archie never even made the playoffs in the pros. As far as the SEC, Peyton's sons will go to Tennessee and I
    wouldn't count on Eli having any sons, if you know what I mean. But don't worry Ole Piss fans!! Cooper's son will arrive on campus in the early 2020s, meaning every Lincoln Financial broadcast will make 5,000 references to the Manning Legacy and show Archie with his stupid yellow headphones after every down.

10) The Hotty Toddy cheer. Who the hell thinks this "Toddy" guy's a
    "hotty"? Does that have something to do with Ole Wuss fraternity hazing?? And the "gosh amighty" and "who the hell are we" parts sound like an 8-year-old trying out his first cuss words.

11) They think it's the 1850s. While the administration has disavowed Dixie, the rebel flag, and Colonel Reb, the fans are still pitching a hissy fit over the loss of their Old South "traditions". I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Southerners taking pride in their heritage, but there are literally hundreds of Southern schools that don't feel the need to base their entire identity on the antebellum period. But I guess you can't blame them. If I lived in an armpit of a town like Oxford, and I went to a school whose athletic legacy was a century of futility, I'd pretend it was the ancient past too. The rest of us--who actually did something worth noting since the War Between the States--have moved on.

12) Hypersensitive fans. Before an LSU-Ole Miss game a few years ago, a bunch of Ole Miss fans started their inane chant, and I did my parody (Hotty Toddy Gosh Amighty, where did Ole Miss play? Flim flam bim bam BLUE GRAY by damn!) The Weeble fan sitting next to me immediately gave me a ticket for a seat five sections away, which I accepted since it was a better seat. Then, in the fourth quarter, I yelled "Eli Sucks" instead of "Kick their @$$" after a Tiger first down, and the Reb behind me kicked me in the back.

13) Complete lack of imagination. "Go to Hell State"? "Go to Hell
    LSU"? How original. I guess they're rubber and we're glue.

14) Ole Mrs. suckdom isn't limited to football. The last time their baseball team won a game in Omaha, their star player was a third baseman named Archie Manning. And their basketball team has never won the conference. Not once in over 70 years. But as bad as they are in sports, they're even worse in the classroom. A 16 on the ACT gets you into Ole Miss. That's not a typo. SIXTEEN!! You need a 17 for NCAA eligibility. OK, you need a little more than a 16 to get into Ole Priss. You also need a 2.5 GPA.

15) The Walk of Champions? Must go to the visitors' locker room. Which of these does not belong: Alaska-Fairbanks, Baylor, Boise State, Bowling Green, CCNY, Eastern Kentucky, Furman, Holy Cross, James Madison, Michigan Tech, Minnesota-Duluth, Montana State, Northern Iowa, Ole Miss, Rice, Southern Illinois-Edwardsville, Temple, Tulane, Wayne State, or William & Mary? The answer: Ole Miss, because this is a list of teams that have won a Division I national championship in something.

4 people like this.
  2. tigerintn

tigerintn Founding Member

I am speechless, and busy cleaning up the lemonade that shot out of my nose.

3. FrankA

FrankA Founding Member

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

YESSS! I tried to find these old posts to bring one back for this week but couldn't find them.

These are my favorite threads, ever!

5. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, that was great

:geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux:
    :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux:

6. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

You sound bitter.

I like it!

7. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

No doubt about it! I almost skipped this thread, and am very happy I didn't!

8. gotigers39401

gotigers39401 Founding Member

Man that was great,I am an Ole die hard Tiger fan from LA..living on the coast of Miss.I have 2 friends that are brothers that are Ole Miss fans.I have got to send them that.lol.:geaux: :tigereye: :tigereye: :tigereye: :lol: :lol:

9. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

I almost skipped it too till I saw you almost skipped it so I decided not to skip it. Glad I didn't skip it. Funny stuff

10. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

#15 is genius. I wish I could memorize all of those schools so that I could spout it off on command. There are alot of Ole Piss fans that I could throw that at on a regular basis.