Smack talk with the Fat Pigs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MaconGATiger, Nov 24, 2002.

1. MaconGATiger

MaconGATiger Founding Member

Found this one on the Eat, Pig, Sookie Sookie Board

For anyone interested, here's a guy who needs to learn a valuable lesson about pre-game smack. The very same lesson I had to learn after running my big rattle trap to every Auburn fan I could find pre game. I have yet to post (still recovering from Auburn) but I thought some might enjoy the challenge. Could be fun!

http://www.woopig.net/php/index.php?board=7;action=display;threadid=2632

Hey Porkers, can you say OVERCONFIDENT.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I posted a response as "Tigerlurker" just to yank their chains a little bit. They can't see how a team that lost 31-0 to Bama and just got by Ole Miss can stand up to their greatness. One guy, in an earlier post (prior to yesterday) actually had them beating MSU, LSU and Ga. and was posting that he hoped they didn't get embarrassed by a top 5 team in the Sugar Bowl. He said he just wanted to be competitive. Incredible. The psychology of fandom never ceases to amaze me.

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

The Hogs are definitely confident.

And why shouldn't they be? We have not exactly been playing great football lately.

Let's let the Tigers do our talking. If we lose, the Hogs will still have to win the SEC Championship AND the Sugar Bowl to match what we accomplished last year.

If we lose, we lose. We'll just have to move on and look forward to our Bowl game and next year. The extra practice that we will get from going to a bowl will make us better next year.

4. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Well Jean you are right, the Tigers are not exactly playing mistake free football. Fridays game is between two teams that are not playing their best football. I think the hogs have the edge. We just cann't make mistakes like we have been doing and come out on top. I am not ready to give them the West crown yet.

5. MaconGATiger

MaconGATiger Founding Member

SabanFan, they love your post over in Hogville!

They really bit into it good. Excellent post over there by the way. After reading all the trash they posted I could hardly keep from posting my favorite Arkansas joke...

How do you circumcise an Arkansan? Kick his sister in the chin!

Before any Pork Rinders get offended, understand that I spent my formative years in AR (friends, don't hold that against me) so I know you and your "university" well. I got the hell out and went to a real college, LSU, then moved to Georgia. Wow, when I look at it that way, no matter who wins the SEC I guess I could find something to cheer about huh?

And by the way, if Arkansas didn't have their option threat with that big goofy QB of theirs, they wouldn't have jack sh#t. We lost our QB and are still playing to go to ATL. Keep that in mind when we talk about them "playing good football" relative to us. Agreed we don't look great but we're more than capable of putting this a#$ whooping on.

Roast Pork beats leftover Turkey! Geaux Tigers

6. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

I prefer to think of them as pressed ham. I like the turkey salad after thanks giving.

7. SabanFan

They are incredibly confidant, that's for sure. Check out Hawgewilde's latest post on the smack board. There are some pretty sights in Ar-Kansas.

8. SabanFan

It's in the "Get Ready" thread.

9. WooStLouiee

WooStLouiee Freshman

:D:D :D :D

I have to admit, that joke had me rolling!!! Good thing about jokes like that is I can always substitute Mississippi (or Louisiana) and it's still funny.

I don't get into the smack talking much, especially after I had to eat some crow following our run-in w/ Bama. Some of my Hog brethren though get a little confident going into these things. Personally, I agree with the poster who said that neither team is playing particularly well right now. Hell, we needed a last minute interception to beat LA-Lafayette. That's pitiful. I do however like our chances riding a 5-game winning streak into a home game against a team that is also not playing well. Should be a good one.

Go Hogs

10. PlaneauxTiger

PlaneauxTiger Founding Member

well...

Well, we have a QB that has yet to play a decent road game. I'm hopeful, but concerned. Regardless, I hope we both play an injury-free game so we can be ready for our bowl games.