Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Smart Phone Question(s)

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by lsutiga, Jun 27, 2014.

1. lsutiga

lsutiga TF Pubic Relations

My country ass finally made the jump and gots me one a dem G2 phones.

I need some music. Don't like Pandora cause if I want do hear Shania Twain, I don't want Taylor Swift, Faith Hill or Jodie Messina.

My oldest daughter suggested Itube then realized (after trying to help) it wasn't compatible. Went on to tell me the I5 had more apps. :(

Can anyone help?
  2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Veteran Member

Google Play Music is all I use and will likely ever use from here on. Not sure if you are willing to pay $9.99 a month though but never have to pay for albums or songs individully. I pay $7.99 since I got it before it increased. I use it a ton so well worth it. 1st month is free.

Can listen to everything you want with no ads, make playlist and play them from website on Chromecast to go along with your phone listening. Can also bring your old songs from iTunes or wherever. Can search whatever you want and during any song start a radio like pandora where similar songs in that genre automatically play but you can swipe songs off the Queue before they play. Can use another apps and functions of phone while listening, etc…

Last major benefit is you don't waste memory saving songs on your phone or computer.

http://play.google.com/about/music/allaccess/#/
  3. hebertjp

hebertjp Veteran Member

I've been using Spotify a lot lately. You can select any album they have available and shuffle play it (interspersed with some ads and some 'recommended' music as well). I am not aware of other apps like Pandora or Slacker that give you that much specific control over what you listen to (without paying for it). They have skips like the other services but I swear if you skip something, the next song they play seems to be similar to what you just skipped so that it seems as if they are trying to get you to burn through all your skips so you'll upgrade to their premium 9.99/mo service. I've been listening to a lot of 90s rock playlists lately. One time a song by the Cranberries came on. I skipped it and then it played another song by the Cranberries. Skipped that one and they played yet another. Then I got pissed.
    lsutiga likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member

Yall just phucked that boy up big time. Did you miss the "country ass" part lol.

Give me a call tomorrow @lsutiga and I will help you.
    lsutiga and fanatic like this.