Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

SNOWPOCALYPSE 2014

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal

Well, I'm typing this up from my office. I got here this morning and no one was here. They are now forcing me out because they are shutting the building down.

There are icicles hanging from the roof but it's not snowing yet.

Supposed to soon, I guess.

Are you in the snow? Are you at work? Are you drinking bourbon?
  2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm bitter because even though it's only 28 degrees here in Plano, Texas, we can't buy any precipitation currently. I would really, really like a snow day soon and hope we don't only get the two this winter that were from Icemaggedon back in December when we lost power for two and half days during a really nasty ice storm.
  3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun I'll try to be nicer, if you try to be smarter!

Interesting, I called our Eastern North Carolina "event", Snow Armageddon, same deal.

School for today was cancelled yesterday at 1:30. At that time it was 60+ and not a cloud in the sky.

It is now 2:54. Flake 1 has not yet fallen, but it is cold as a WTIABB. Still calling for five to nine inches. I got chili in the crockpot, but I sure hate trading a cold day in January for June the 10th or so. Dayum!
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon

It's been icing up in Baton Rouge for a couple of hours now. Steady sleet. LSU is closed today and tomorrow and bridges are being blocked all over town already. I went to the grocery yesterday and I have plenty of food and liquor. Low on coffee, damn it. I lost power for a few hours last Friday, I hope Entergy has extra crews working tonight. Fortunately I can cook with gas and I still have a couple of gas space heaters I can use if the central heat goes out. My kerosene lanterns put out a lot of heat, too.
  5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Because of our December ice storm (which was really bad with 6+ inches of ice everywhere; it was really horrible, actually), we already have to go to June 11th.

Any additional bad weather days would not be made up. Bring 'em on. Unless I lose power again; that sucked.

We still made the best of that and ventured out to Embassy Suites with the dog, kids, and two other families with kids who are friends with ours. The free happy hour was great, and there was a restaurant in the hotel, so we were snug as bugs in rugs with all of the other storm refugees.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

in the the past 6 days in Cenla it's snowed, froze over, gone up to 67 degrees, froze again, snowed again, and it's still snowing. And people here are acting like the name of the thread. It's biblical.
  7. red55

red55 curmudgeon

And now I get an email from the President of LSU talking about closing the campus today and tomorrow and he's referring to "Winter Storm Leon". So it's a named storm now and my homeowners deductible just went from $500 to $5000! This is some bullshit.
  8. mctiger

mctiger Kenny HIlliard, Beast

And as usual, while the rest of LA gets snow, Morgan City just gets below freezing temperature and ice.
  9. lsutiga

lsutiga TF Pubic Relations

Psst, we're in 2014. Get one of these. Much safer.

[​IMG]

Below: I even have these smaller ones I put by my kids' beds when we're expecting bad weather.

[​IMG]

But these are also very handy and CHEAP. I'll break one open and hang it on their bathroom door in case they need to get up during the night. I also use them when I'm fishing at night. I just break and toss it on the floor of my boat.2 bucks for a pack of 2.

[​IMG]
    LSUDad likes this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member

Ain't shit going on here but some bone chilling cold
    LSUDad and StaceyO like this.