Snubbed on Title Town Commercial??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SonnyLoco, Apr 14, 2008.

1. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

I don't know if this has been discussed or not, but I have been away for the weekend. Has anyone seen the Title Town Commercial on ESPN....where they ask for stories about towns that have won titles this year.

They show clips of the Spurs, Giants, Lady Vols, Kansas, and even some little league team that won...but unless I am missing it...and I usually pick up the purple and gold...I don't see a clip of LSU in there.

If I am missing it...great...but if I am not...why the heck are we snubbed when they even show division 2 Appalachian State as a "title town".

If we were snubbed by ESPN on this...it takes the friggin cake. Someone help me here. I tried to find a link with the commercial...but couldn't. Am I just trippin?????:huh:

2. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Seems like they'd at least have to mention us. Anybody else see it?

3. Coolhandluca

Coolhandluca Freshman

Maybe the Political Bribes are too steep to pay. This is Louisiana!

4. SonnyLoco

I would think that the College Football BCS Champion would need to have a clip if a little league team, and the division 2 team were on there. It seems unreal that they would not have a clip of us on there. But I am telling you guys...I did not see us at all in the "footage of champions".

5. Old Bandit

Old Bandit Just Some Old Guy

I didn't get to see this commercial, when was it on, and do you know if or when it will be on again? I agree you would think that the MNC would be included in a commercial titled "Title Town". Are you sure it was supposed to be all National Champions of each sport that is shown? Just seems very odd that the National Champions of football would be left out.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Its a contest according to espn.com click on the coll fb link from the home page. Just ask for what town "you" think is title town. From what I gather it's a who has won the most type of thing which could be why we are left out. It does say they will take video, and essays for other towns. FWIW.

7. SonnyLoco

I don't think it was about who has won the most...i think it was just asking for stories about particular title towns in general. Even so...we are the only college with multiple BCS Football Championships. So even then...we should be on there.

I know some of you see where I am going with this. I think it is a dadgum conspiracy if you ask me. :cuss:

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Good point you make there loco. I can see that. Lets get some of those nerds from the A/V dept to get us a video cranked out and send it off.

9. SonnyLoco

Sounds like a plan!! :geaux:

10. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I saw it and no I didnt not spot any purple and gold either!