So here we go again!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hawker45, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

It's been a while....

Good luck in the Outback.... it has been somewhat of a disappointing season for you guys... a somewhat unexpected 8-4 for the Hawkeyes.

We may have the best trio of linebackers in the country. Other than that, we have watched our secondary grow up some, but still a little suspect. Our D-line is pretty good and will slow your run game. We have trouble getting pressure, so we blitz a little more.... now that Norm Parker's retired.

On offense, we have no stars to talk about. Our run game consists of maybe five plays. We went more and more to a three tight end set as the season progressed and it worked out pretty well. It's no secret what we're going to run... our zone block sweep left is only offset by our zone block sweep right. We throw to our tight ends a lot, sometimes they even catch the ball.

You didn't get to see our run game in the CapOne, as we had lost our top four running backs. So this year you'll see vintage Iowa.

Our D over all is pretty good. As usual, we are well-coached and stay in our lanes and fill the gaps. Nothing fancy, just good old hard-nosed football.

It's a shame your qb is hurt. We, like you, would rather play the game at full force. I hate excuses from either side, win or lose, so it's is a pity we're not both at full force.

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

8-4 is always unexpected for us. I haven't had a chance to take a good look at what y'all have. But from what I have from a good friend of mine, your TE JC Fkvjbfvavunv (Ok so his name is Fiedorowicz), looks to be a Pro prospect on that side of the ball. A big kid at 6' 5 1/2" 265#'s. He should do well against us. On the other side of the ball, LB's do seem to be your strength, Morris at 6'1" 240 and Kirksey 6'2" 236# are what I have from my friend. Will have to do a little more homework.

3. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

Facing a top-10 defense will be a tall order for a true freshman quarterback in his first start. But LSU, despite the losses to the NFL and a schedule including Auburn, Bama, A&M, and Georgia has managed to put together a top-20 defense that will be a fair test for the Iowa offense. It should be a good game.

[​IMG]

gyver likes this.
  4. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

I meant unexpected for us as a good thing..... most of our fans thought 6-6, 7-5 would be tops. Except for our three senior linebackers, this is a young team and we expect to make a little more noise next year.

LSUDad likes this.
  5. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Hey, but if Auburn beats Fla State in the BCSNCG, Les can always say he beat the 2013 National Champion, right?

LSUDad likes this.
  6. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I have to imagine LSU is a little disappointed to be in this game (no offense to the hawkeyes) and Iowa is pretty excited. Regardless of how simple Iowa seems to play, it appears that it works and it got them to 8-4. We got a small sample of our freshman QB last game and he excelled, but I imagine he'll struggle a little more over 4 quarters. There will def be more option and QB draws called. Should be a good one. LSU needs this win more than Iowa does. We've lost 2 bowl games in a row and need some momentum going into next season where we will lose some key starters

LSU Strength, gyver and LSUDad like this.
  7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

good to see you posting again hawker

ROY_LA_CA, LSUDad and Hawker45 like this.
  8. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Your new qb should have some time, as our D this year plays more contain than anything else...just based on our personnel. We don't have Matt Roth, Jonathan Babineau, or Chad Greenway to run around in your backfield like the CapOne game. We can really only get pressure if we blitz, which we've always had some adversity to doing. I imagine we'll contain your qb pretty well, make him put the ball in the air, but he should have time to look around some.

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

From 4-8, yep that was a good year.

10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

No one else has done it this year, even the greatest coach in college football.

gyver, GregLSU and TigerTap like this.