So, is Randell still the QB of the futrue?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUfan, Oct 26, 2002.

1. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

On this very board during the last week I have read thread after thread proclaiming Randell the future QB of LSU football. I tried to explain last week the running game and roll outs made it much easier for Randell to complete passes. People here bashed the hell out of me, for basically implying that Randell was not as good as his stats lead us to believe. I still feel Randell is a good QB, but his limited playing time has shown it's ugly colors this weekend. Auburn took away his options and he tried to force the ball . . . which has lead to many ints.

Before you all go bashing me again. I still feel LSU can win the SEC west and that Randell will get better as the games pass. It is only one bad game (and such is life in college football, which is why the regular season is so exciting). But last week we had people saying Randell was much better than Mauck, in fact people were implying he should have been the starting QB to start the season. Not to mention the threads that were sayign LSU should throw more.

Let's hope they can put this game behind them, and right the ship for the rest of the SEC season.

2. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

Who knows we will see I guess. Is today the loss that sparks the tigers on another win streak? God I hope so.

3. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

BigJ4LSU, I agree and I don't want my earlier post taken the wrong way. It is certainly not the end of the season, and Randell can still be a good QB. But I think many went overboard, and I hope they don't trash him as much as they praised him a week ago. This guy needs game time, and plenty of it.

4. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Poor decision making. I suppose we must trust the coaches. Randall was not number two without reason.
    During the game, I kept wondering why we waited until third down to throw the ball. After watching Randall repeatedly throw the ball up, to no one in particular, I guess Fisher was trying to cut down on the chances.
    Sure hope we can recharge and heal over the next two weeks.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

None of our 5 quarterbacks has played enough..

to really judge them, including Mauck. But none of them have stepped up and taken charge either. We must be patient, but this season will tell us some things about the quarterback situation. I suspect the LSU quarterback of the future may be playing high school ball in north Louisiana right now.

6. msully

msully Founding Member

emotions

I agree . But I am not sure that LSU will win the SEC West. I am not sure the coach understands SEC football yet . He thinks that each week you play hard and you can win , Aub played with emotion look at what happened . Randell is a good qb he is not great,he never will be . It seemed to me that that the get up geaux, just got up and went. HOPE : LSU players can find it early this week they the -players have to do that . msully said that did you hear

7. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?

If it's abvious that we are going to lose because they are running with 10 minutes to go in the game why do you not put the next QB in for some playing time. Marcus was terrible today I understand he is probably the best QB availible but come on put in Harrison. Who knows what will happen. LSU needs to have a backup that can come in at times.

ALL THOSE AUBURN FOLKS WHO TALK ABOUT CLASS WELL WE ARE GOING TO SEE IT NOW FROM THEM NOW.

8. msully

msully Founding Member

winning class

It is hard to have class when you beat someone bad as we got beat so we might as well laugh too !! I am looking forward to next week !!! GEAUX TIGERS !!! GEAUX TIGERS !!! msully said that did you hear

9. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Get rid of Randall. Put in Clausen or that JC transfer guy. We certainly know much more than Saban, Fisher, etc. Randall sucks; it was obvious today. I mean, a guy who had only played one game at home can't come out and play well on the road in a hostile atmosphere in the SEC?!?! He obviously needs to ride the pine.

I hope everyone realizes the sarcasm of that paragraph. Yes, we were flat out whipped today, but please don't start calling for Randall's or anyone else's head. Maybe this was a wake-up call that we're not as good as we all thought last week. We've got 4 SEC games left to play; let's support this team the rest of the way -- Saban, Fisher, Randall and the entire team.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No one is calling for Randalls head...

yet. He is 1-1 and deserves the chance to develop. He will continue to start for LSU. Pulling him early might have crushed his confidence.

But....when you've thrown 4 interceptions and you're down 30 points, you are having a BAD DAY and it won't get better in the 4th quarter. I expect Harrison and Clausen will get more snaps in practice the next two weeks because if Randall has another bad day Saban will have to let another quarterback come in and throw the football.

Pray that major league baseball doesn't offer Lane a million dollar signing bonus. We are going to need him.