So JaMarcus Russsell looks terrible...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by DwayneBowned, Sep 28, 2009.

1. DwayneBowned

DwayneBowned Founding Member

Seems like everyone is ripping on him for just awful mechanics, terrible accuracy. You guys think it's more on him or more the fact that he's playing for the worst organization in football? I will admit I lost some love for JaMarcus after all the Bama Boy pictures, but still it sucks to see a big LSU name struggle in the NFL. Hope he's able to turn it around eventually.

2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

who honestly didn't see this coming? really.

1 person likes this.
  3. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Agreed.
    It amazes me that this is a surprise to anyone.

4. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Being a star QB in the NFL is about being able to understand and recognize 100 defensive schemes and adjust to them quickly within your scheme.

Jamarcus played horribly when LSU held a lead and was required to hold a lead and play within the system. It was when LSU's back was against the wall and desperation set in that Jamarcus really shined. His physically freakish ability and instincts gave him a leg up on collegiate competition.

"Bama Boy" struck gold with that 1st round pick and will be an NFL journeyman for a while until his weight gets the best of him and injuries take hold.

Hopefully he doesn't spend all his jack on more gaudy diamond encrusted medallions and Nick Saban sweaters.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

He can thank Notre Dame's dreadful defense for all that money he got.

6. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Wow, throwing him under the bus I see. I still wish him the best of luck and I hope he can work out his NFL career. I knew that when he got drafted by the Raiders that wasn't the best thing for him. He would have done better on a team ready for his talent.

The transition to NFL for QBs is pretty hard. It is the hardest position in sports for a reason.

7. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Who knows if JR could have had some success by now with a different team, however, the deal was sealed once the Raiders drafted him. Can he still make it in the league? IMHO not with the Raiders.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

As bad as he is I'd still take him over Jason Campbell. Total garbage. Took him almost 3 quarters a few weeks ago to figure out that Corey Webster doesn't play for his team.

9. TC

TC Le Big Mac

You've gotta be special from the ears up to be even a decent quarterback in the NFL.

Jamarcus ain't that. Nor is Vince Young. Nor Dennis Dixon. Nor countless others whose athleticism made them good in college.

This is one reason why the NFL is superior entertainment to college football. There, the field generals who win the wars are always the smartest. :tigereye:

1 person likes this.
  10. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

JR's biggest mistake was holding out all of training camp. That's why he's so behind. Kiffin never had a chance to work with him and bring him along, the way that he did with his QBs at USC. Different levels, I know, but still, they never got that chance. Now Kiffin is gone and JaMarcus is still a raw quarterback with unspeakable potential, but nobody to coach him.

The Raiders will never be a winner until Al Davis gives up control of the team.