News So Mettenberger is on his Official visit this Saturday night....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FirstCoastTiger, Nov 16, 2010.

1. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

YIKES!
    That is a bad number but yeah really I would agree he will see option A.
    Even if Jefferson or Lee play a good game I still think he has to feel really good about his chances to start next year based on both of their performances throughout the year.
    I think our chances are great for him signing with us.

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

He's ours, bro. Count on it.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I agree, we need consistency at the quarterback position. and we just haven't had it.

And if Mettenberger is on the same level, or better than Aaron Murray, I really want him to be a Tiger.

4. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

I am willing to bet that Mett has seen some of our other games and heard all the grumblings about our QB's. He won't base his decision just on what he sees against Ole Miss. So even if 'B' miraculously happens, Mett has to be smart enough to realize he has a chance to start here next year.

5. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

Yeah if he is on the same level or greater as Aaron Murray than I am really excited.
    I watched his high school video on youtube and he looks good. Passes with good accuracy.
    And I really want him to sign with us to, just don't want any negative extracurricular activities to go on as well if ya know what I mean.

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

It won't be the QB play one way or the other that influences ZM, it will be the overall performance of the team, meaning do they win or lose, and the overall atmosphere of Tiger Stadium and the campus.

7. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

True, we completed 8 passes (thought I read 10/22 somwhere, but either way...) against ULM, but JEEBUS, did any of ya'll watch this game? There were so many drops the receivers looked like they were playing DB. There were times when the D-Line was in the QBs face as soon as he turned around after a play-action. And by the way, when is it EVER a good idea to run a play-action screen pass? AND yes, there were a handful of poorly thrown balls.

The poor passing numbers was a team effort. Our QBs aren't great but they aren't as bad as the rest of the team / playcalling make them look.

If we get a good OC to coach these boys up, they will be everything we ever thought they could be. Just cross your fingers for that.

Mettenberger is important for us going forward. I really don't think he would start next year if he came here. And by the time he's finished here, Rivers will be a RS Soph, and we'll be back in a good rhythm.

8. FirstCoastTiger

FirstCoastTiger FirstCoastTiger

Yes - and if the atmosphere in TS is anything like the 2nd half of the Bama game it will be an incredible experience for him to witness. There's absolutely NOTHING in America like a 4th quarter Saturday Night in Tiger Stadium.

Update -
    I just heard Mike Scarborough say on Songy's show that he feels confident about ZM being a Tiger. Overriding issues to land ZM is the fact that Miles calls and has been talking to him every week and the that Crowton and some LSU assistants have been going up there to visit him. Sounds pretty solid...

9. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

And if Crowton gets canned?

10. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

If crowton gets canned mett probably gets to be the starting qb for the tigers in the national championship game