So Much For "Gun Control"

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUTiga, Jan 25, 2013.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

lol heritage like you guys do all the time.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

huh? No idea how you read that into my post but that didn't even cross my mind. Actually I was saying it's much more complex than "women going to work" or not so I guess, at the end of the day, I may have been in agreement more with you than him- you confederate asshole. :D

3. LSUMASTERMIND

lol actually that is my heritage, my folks stayed in the south. sorry if I mixed up your post.

4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I can't and won't apologize for my personal experiences and observations. I didn't mean to offend anyone whose moms or wives work. For the few that face reading comprehension problems, My Wife works, too.

I admit I didn't consider the tender nerves of those that did not grow up in a traditional family with traditional values. It is sad to see such anger and emotion in lieu of rational thought, I think it shows exactly the deficiencies of absent parent(s). I am sorry for your situation, but caution that while raw emotion may work on the street or bar, it is out of place in any form of civil discussion, and it would be embarrassing if not so pitiful Bless you all.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

what rational thought, you swept everyone in your gross generalization, a traditional family nowadays is both parents working. There is no emotion attached to this, just a dispelling of irrational thinking and ignorance in my opinion. Nobody asked you to apologize for your believes, but like you are entitled to them, I am entitled to find them stupid, because thats the adjective id like to use to describe them.

nobody cares if your wife works, thats beside the point your initial point contradicts your feelings about women work, ie your wife, etc. That doesnt cover up your idiotic point, but thats just my opinion. As you said before the country has gone to hell, maybe its my parents fault and yours too, since your wife works.

6. LSUTiga

Oh you know you can't offend me pal.

As far as I'm concerned you have no need to apologize either. At least not to me. People fail to realize we all see the world through the experiences we had. Some good some not but it's why we are who we are.

I will just say one thing about "the deficiencies of absent parent(s)". All that stay at home mom stuff may be okay to a point but don't keep him home forever. Let him/her get out in the real world and it's okay if they get scraped, bruised and don't make every team they try out for.

Some of the most awkward kids I've met were home-schooled. I do Driver's Ed and had to drive one recently. We rode for hours at a time and NO conversation. I'd ask questions of probe to make small talk to make him comfortable. All I'd get was "Yes" "No". Not even sir. I should've known right away when dude gets in the car with some shades on. I was like wtf, "Are those prescription? No, then I think we need to take them off." :D

7. LSUMASTERMIND

i have no problem if thats his experiences but I know 100 people or more with different experience and great success with 2 parents working. its the generalizations I have a problem with and that the country is gone to hell because of it. I mean no malice to Halloween, i just think its a stupid opinion, i have had my fair share of those.

8. LSUTiga

We both work here and, knock on wood, people tell us often what good kids our girls are. Good grades, never in trouble at school. Both in HS.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

For parents, it's very important to remember that our children are only ours for around 18 years until they go off to college. Leaving the nest is necessary. Some--not all--stay-at-home moms give their entire lives over to their children. What happens when the nest is empty? That's all rhetorical, but as a working mom, I've always appreciated still having interests of my own.

10. LSUTiga

Same here but boy have I dreaded that day of reckoning too. Woke up the other morning and went check on both girls. I do that often. They don't really like for me to but I tell them I love them and good night each night and the same with good morning each morning- sometimes through a door when they're putting on their faces.

Anyway, went back to lie down and realized one would be graduating and be with us about one more year during first year of college. Struck me that I only had 365 times or so to EVER be able to have her in our house as "ours"since she'd return as a "visitor" sorta. Very excrucitating pain I experienced but I know I'm overboard on this. I often worry that I'm here long enough to ensure they're okay into adulthood too.