SO OTHERS THINK BOOTY SUCKED TOO

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Hub

Hub Founding Member

The Football Factories in North LA

Evangel:
    Josh Booty - I thought he sucked, but I'm in the minority
    Abram Booty - descent frosh yr later quit
    Brent Rawls - we'll see, 2nd or 3rd string at Ok
    Robert Davis - so so
    Philip Geigger - went to UT and.....?
    Richard Smith - at Ark...so so
    Pittman - we'll never know
    Pittman - we'll see
    Brock Berlin - if he was so awesome why didn't he beat out Rex
    Cisco Perkins - quit/kicked off...drugs?
    Dees - To Clemson to La Tech.....?
    Byron Dawson - not bad

West Monroe:
    Bradie James - nothing needs to be said
    Andre Whitworth - looking good
    Rodney Reed - pretty good
    Tommy Banks - started good got worse
    McConnell - what a joke from LSU to UT to ?

I'm sure there are others from both I can't thin of.

2. nuttie

nuttie Founding Member

Deas went to UNC first not Clemson.

3. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

Re: Ben McDonald too?

The Booty Brothers dad took charge of the team last year and won a state title, so that their coach Dennis Dunn could have his trial in Texas, the charges against him were dropped, and he is currently coaching the team again, you can see him in New Orleans tomorrow against My School West Monroe, god I hope we win.

4. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

Bradie James: nothing left to be said about him, will be a late first round early second round pick in this year's NFL Draft
    Andrew Whitworth: still a kid age wise, but a man body wise, he is hella scary to be lined up against on the other side of the ball
    Rodney Reed: a senior this year, a thinking lineman, probably will not get drafted to the NFL but could latch on as a free agent contract, will be successful after college.
    Tommy Banks: an absolute animal in high school, was a shame watching his talents being wasted with Dinardo
    Adam McConathy: came to LSU, Transferred to Texas, then Transfered to LA Tech, is staring at Middle Linebacker for them

5. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Questionable Decisions?

If Richard Smith had come to LSU, and caught passes for Josh Booty and Rohan Davey, he would be All SEC by now. However, after seeing how Dinardo/McConnel used the passing offense who could blame any WR or passing Quarterback for going elsewhere. I think Wade will be a big player for the Vols the next three years.
    I hear that Hester, the big Running Back at Evangel, is a big LSU fan.

6. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

people loved Rohan more because he cared more....he visited teammates families...he visited teammates...he gave teammates rides..he let teammates borrow his car...he took teammates out to dinner....he was a total team player. even when he was (wrongly) benched so the SEC leader in INTs (in only 7 games) could start...he stood on the edge of the sidelines waving his towel, jumping up and down...giving encouragement...

on the other end...Booty would stay in a shell..when he got to the sidelines he would go directly to his brother and they would stand there alone like "booty buddies" (no pun intended)....in press conferences and interviews he constantly talked about himself and about how he was going to play in the NFL (even the "im not gonna be here four years bc im going pro" interview)...i would read those comments and go "dumbass! you just threw 4 ints and no tds last game! get your frickin head in the game"

probably the biggest thing that ticked me off about booty....was after one of the spring games....his team had just lost....the winning team all got to have steak dinners...and the losing team had to have a bean dinner...well...booty skipped out on his teammates and his bean dinner....he drove off in his corvette to eat at a restaurant ....i think that sums it up

im sure booty is a nice guy....he just needs to learn some people skills

also, i dont see how anyone could think Booty is as good as Rohan...im not a stats guy, but...yeah...let the numbers speak for themselves (and the come from behind victories and the scrot he showed [not litterally] while playing hurt)....and thats not smack at booty...bc...not many players at LSU are as good as Rohan....he's one of the tops

7. roygu

roygu Founding Member

I agree Rohan was a special talent

However, when not compared to Rohan, but compared to all other LSU Quarterbacks, Josh does not rank so bad. When you consider that actually Josh started as a true freshman, in terms of experience, and with no coaching, throwing to a true freshman, Myers, as his primary receiver, maybe his performance was not so bad. I have watched thousands of football games, and I cannot recall ever seeing a quarterback take the beatings that Josh Booty took. Yet he missed only one game, Tennesse, because of injuries. He gave his best which was not enough sometimes. How many quarterbacks, at LSU, have made All SEC. How many have been drafted?
    In reference to the poster who labeled Josh a quitter for leaving once he saw that he was not going to start, does that apply to Nall also? I am glad that each of these quarterbacks gave LSU a shot. Timeing was bad to have three top quarterbacks and all were Juniors. In order to optimize their careers they were forced into making a decision they thought best.
    If we sign Russell, Lane, and Flynn, one or two of these guys will be facing that decision in a couple of years.

8. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

very good points roy....

Booty, Mauck, and Randal have had it bad since they played so close to Rohan....its really not fair if you think about it...

9. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I have never thought Booty was good. Everyone brings up he made all SEC....that was by default. His competition:

1) Miss St. - Wayne Madkin
    2) Ole Miss - Romero Miller
    3) Auburn - Leard(?)/Cobb/Campbell
    4) Alabama - Watts/? (can't think of his name)
    5) Arkansas - Stoerner?
    6) Florida - Johnson/Grossman/Berlin
    7) Georgie - Quincy
    8) Kentucky - Lornezen/Bonner
    9) S. Carolina - Who Knows
    10) Kentucky - Who Cares
    11) Tennesee - Clausen/? (can't think of his name)

Now, some of these guys turned out good LATER...but not that year. And all the "/"'s not alternating QBs but b/c they would stink it up and the other one would go in.

I have no vendetta against the guy I just never thought he was good.

Also, just based on things the fans see (which isn't much) he got under my skin....he could be a great guy in real life, but what we see:

-"They give me time like that and I could pick apart the <Insert Some Pro Team Name>"....a synopsis of a quote from him after a good game he had....so it's the lines fault not any of his.

-The decision to run the ball on the goal line at Ala; he wanted the attention, why do i say that......he would never before/after that moment run or even try to run for a first down

-The UAB call.....running a play that doesn't exist, WHAT?

-I can remember countless times during games when the O would come off the field and Ro would go up to him to talk...I presume about the game based on how Ro was.....and he would never comment and most of the time walk away....saw it in person and on TV

10. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Alabama decision?

It was a popular opinion that Josh did not see the field very well, if that was true then it is probable that he did not see the open receiver. It is odd that when the Bama loss is mentioned it is always Booty who lost the game. Wasn't that the game that two tipped passes by a DB resulted in two Bama touchdowns. I would think that some credit should be given to the Quarterback, Booty and the WR, Reed for getting us in position to score. Wasn't that the game where Josh Reed got his first start and caught passes totaling more than 100 yards.
    As good as Herb Tyler played for LSU, I remember time after time that he threw a long third down pass out of bounds, which killed a drive. He got no criticism for that, and rightly so, because it was probably a play called by the coaches. However, how many times did we hear that Tyler could not throw across the middle. I think that was total BS. He did not throw accross the middle because Dinardo and Staff could not coach. That is the same coaching staff that was coaching Booty his first year. They taught him absolutely nothing. Hince the UAB game the following year.
    IMO, lack of coaching, was the reason that Abram Booty grew frustrated and left LSU. I remember how frustrated he was, his first year, after learning how inept the Dinardo coaching staff was. When a Freshman leads the team in receiving with talent like Foster and Hayes on the team there is something amis. Foster is in the NFL and I think Hayes will be there soon. Do you think it was frustration that caused Hayes to transfer and Foster to get into trouble?
    Do you not think it strange the the top receiving talent on Dinardo's last team all left, yet we were using Nall and a walkon quarterback for Wide Receivers?
    How do you explain Josh Reed sitting on the bench with Nall playing that position?
    How can anyone can blame players, Booty or anyone else, for the failings of that team, given the scenerio of the WR's. The same can be said for OL as well as Quarterbacks.