So, what are you investing in these days?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by fanatic, Mar 13, 2011.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The people with the kind of vast capital to "play" in real estate think in terms of generational wealth.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

So they want others besides themselves to enjoy the fruits of their labor? :hihi:

I'm only kidding. I understand what you're saying, but that's definitely not me. First and foremost, I don't have those type of resources. But when I do retire, I just want to live comfortably and have a similar or better lifestyle that I'm currently living, then pass on a decent inheritance to my kids.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

When I retire, I want to live decadently at the limit of my wealth and write my last check for my last dollar to the undertaker . . . and it will bounce.

4. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Best thing to do is go by stuff. Houses, cars, boats, guns, TVs, whatever. Run up as much debt as possible. Then, once the treasury bankrupts due to runaway debt, hyper inflation will set in and the value of the dollar will fall to almost nothing. Your debt basically goes to peanuts but you still get to keep all you stuff.

Also, once the rioting starts, you can use the guns to protect your houses, boats, and cars.

1 person likes this.
  5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Also make sure you buy things that you can't use up and that hold value. For example, buying ten kilos of blow is probably a bad idea because you'll snort that sh** up. Pharpe is right, cars, boats, and particularly houses are good. Middle eastern mail order brides depreciate slowly at first but they can pick up speed quickly so be careful there. Major stockpile of weapons is good too. Good luck. Wear a helmet.

6. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Although if you don't do coke, and can hold on to it, then this might not be a bad investment. Cocaine should fetch a handsome price in the new-world black market economy.

7. mobius481

You probably have to store it properly though. too much humidity will probably ruin it.

8. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I just goggled storing coke out of curiosity and found this. LMAO
    Storing - Cocaine Storage and Shelf-life - Drugs Forum

This just goes to show that you can find a discussion board about anything.

Sorry for the high-jack.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

You know, big brother monitors all google searches. Expect a visit from the DEA soon. :hihi:

10. mobius481

It's all going to hell in a handbasket now. Where will this fall end? Are we in for another big one? I have very few stocks so it doesn't matter to me. I'm actually hoping for a buying opportunity. Gold is still going up. Never underestimate the idiocy of policy makers when evaluating investment options. I'm still investing in my business but my IRA's are almost exclusively cash right now. It's a crazy financial world we live in.

Are there any financial advisors on the board?