So what happens after Lee finally gets in the Auburn game next week

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 17, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

But after 2 catastrophic series with JJ, LSU finds itself in a 17-0 hole that it won't be able to dig itself out of?

Good luck with all that.

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Won't happen. Maybe we just witnessed the turning of the tide and JJ just had his last opportunity to show that he is still the starting QB. I say we see 70% JL vs 30% JJ in the AU game.

3. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I think he's sayin 30% is enough to lose us the game.

4. islstl

Man you in fantasy land if you think les miles is going to give on this kid just yet.

Maybe after we lose the next 3 out of 5, but until then it's full steam ahead with jj.

Ride or die, bitches.

Ride or die.

5. LEGACY TIGER

Ain't gonna happen. We may lose to AU, but we ain't losin 3 outta 5. Worst we end up is 10-2. Which would be disappointing, but still a good season. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose to AU and Ark, but if we do and still beat Bama and Ole Miss, that will just about how I thought this season would play out.

6. islstl

So at this point knowing where we are and what could be at stake, you're settling for a 10-2 season because this head coach is so hell bent on playing a qb who shouldn't be on a collegiate field that's it is quite pathetic.

7. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I'll just leave this here.

With JJ leading the offense in the past 3 games he's lead our team to:
    3 FG, 1 TD, 6 Punts, 4 Turnovers. 1 drive where JJ's pass was caught and fumbled, didn't count.

With JLee leading the offense in the past 3 games he's lead our team to:
    1 FG, 9 TD, 5 Punts, 1 Turnover. 2 FG attempt that was missed that JLee had QB'd the drive, didn't count.

As far as Lee getting more snaps, that has more to do with JJ getting so many 3 and outs. The actual split on drives was 5 drives lead last night by JJ and 7 lead by Lee.

JJ had 3, 3 and out series last night. JLee had 1 and that was the series where there was a no call PI on TT and the Shepard pass was called back due to a downfield lineman.

1 person likes this.
  8. LEGACY TIGER

Didn't say that, just being realistic. Based on what many predicted, including you in this very thread, a 10-2 season would be a good season, not great. Great is what I want.

9. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Les is not stupid (although many on this board think he is). I'm sure he realizes that if we have any chance of winning at Auburn, JL has to have the majority of playing time, including as the starter. We cannot afford a slow start, or to fall behind early, which is what we likely get with JJ in there. Everyone knows that it would be a huge plus to score early (and often), and not be in a position where we are playing catch-up.

:geauxtige

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't see it. There is one set of rules for Jefferson and another set for the rest of the team. Nothing Jefferson can do will get him benched.

The guy had 4 yards of total offense last night. 4 yards. All his drives ended in fumbles and punts.

Lee's drives ended in four touchdowns, a missed field goal and punts. And a holding call nullified another promising drive.

First Jefferson came in and ended his first two drives on a horrible pitch for lost yards and a sack and fumble inside the 10. Then Lee comes in and engineers two touchdown drives . . . and they send in Jefferson to kill two more drives.

Unbelievable.

I have no problem with a 2-quarterback system, but you have to go with the guy who has the hot hand, not simply rotate them, paying no attention to game circumstances. How is Lee ever going to develop the consistency that comes from being a starting quarterback?

This week is the opportunity for Les to show me that he not just being overtly biased against Lee in favor of the apparently blessed Jefferson.

1 person likes this.