So who thinks we're actually running Gary Crowton's offense?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 5, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I sure as hell don't.

Les, get out of our way. Please.

Take you, and your Ridley and your interior linemen with you.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

As my kids would say

LOL

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Where do you get the notion that the OC is not the OC? Les could have replaced him last year if he wanted to or he could be his own OC, like Spurrier did.

:insane:

1 person likes this.
  4. islstl

Sorry, not buying it Red.

Against a team that was missing it's entire secondary, do you think Gary Crowton alone decided that we should take advantage of the situation and establish the run?

That's Les Miles' blueprint written all over it.

Toliver, Randle and D-Peterson's talents will be wasted this year. Shepard, with the limited number of touches (God, it hurts to even type that) just the same.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

that's because you still believe he is a "genius". this is the exact same offense he has run every year. he just sucks - that's all, and you need to come to terms with that and accept it. the o-line also sucks, but they improved after the first qtr. we have enough talent at the skill positions that we overcame his pathetic play-calling.

6. islstl

You believe what you want to believe.

Les Miles loves to run the ball.

Even if his O-line sucks at it.

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

they also were missing int. lineman, so if your assertions are correct, CLMs gameplan of running the ball on a depleted line with a depleted secondary covering these awesome WRs should have been a sound one. but, the O-line can't block, and the running game was not as good as it should have been, not b/c CGC was "held back".

the talent wasting on offense is b/c of Crowton - he has no fluidity to his gameplans, and our offense rarely looks smooth. look at our completions - almost always the WRs are tightly covered, the pass is barely completed and our players get hammered b/c there is no creation of space in his offense. dude is far from a genius as you have always declared him to be, and there are threads to prove that has been your assertion since he was hired, and esp. after the NC season, which I still maintain was won despite him being OC, not because he was "unleashed" that season.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

no one who pays half attention. of course its not. it wasnt under jimbo which is why he left and wanted to leave year 1 but stayed.

same thing here. its hilarious people actually buy into this is a crowton offense. of course it isnt.

even hanagriff admitted it last night and hes a guy who never bashes miles publically because he works for LSU basically.

anyhow he said hes been to practice where crowton is given basically 3 plays of les' and is completely handcuffed. he said he didnt understand why you would pay a guy that much and limit him so badly. sure crowton calls the plays. a short list of les miles' plays.

no one who knows anything believes crowton called the 2nd half. that was 100%, pure, unadulterated leslie edwin miles.

but this has been the case since he's been here. always will be.

the closest thing we've ever seen to a true crowton offense was against ohio state. that wont be returning anytime soon.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I wanted to be objective. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. That crap is out the window. I just don't see enough "change" to warrant me putting my faith in him. In fact, if any of you looked at the half time score and DIDN'T think it would be close in the end you are kidding yourselves. In the post game interview he has the nerve to say "we were too aggressive with our play calling" Really? This team got LUCKY last night in more ways than I can count.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. islstl

Wow, I didn't catch that.

People, wake the hell up.

Les Miles is the problem.

lsu-i-like likes this.