Some A-Hole Just Threw LSU Under the Bus on Cowherd

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

So I was listening to Colin Cowherd (national ESPN radio show) this morning and he was talking about the Joe McKnight Land Rover scandal.

He took a call (unlike most other shows he doesn't take many calls) and some dude that claimed to be an LSU student said that he was on campus when JaMarcus Russell was driving around a "$47,000 Cadillac Escalade" when he played for LSU. The caller went on to say that he knows JaMarcus came from a poor background and that he doesn't know many college students that can afford a car like that.

I hate hearing that on a National Radio show. Why couldn't they have put a Bama fan on air or a Florida or Texas or Oklahoma guy on there.....it just HAD to be an "LSU guy" trying to throw LSU under the bus on a national radio show.

I don't know about you, but I would just rather not even be mentioned in a discussion such as this. Could attract unwanted attention.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

suuuure he was an lsu "fan". :rolleye33:

anything to deflect attention from the cheating that is usc.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

was probably JT Curtis that called in.

1 person likes this.
  4. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: :eek: :popcorn:

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

FWIW, that's bull. I let Jamarcus out from the academic facility (Sabanville) in traffic one time in 2006 because a train had just passed on Skip Bertman Dr., and he was in a base-model Tahoe.

This accusation sounds more like what I've head about Jew-Leo Jones.

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Was listening to it this morning as well, and had the exact same thought. Although I hate hearing this from some dip that claims to have gone to LSU, we all know that this accusation could be made for just about all the big programs. It has been a speculation for a long time that this stuff goes on. There just never seems to be any evidence to support it ever.

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Yes this no different then the few Bama fans on here posing as LSU fans.
    (No names but you know who)
    They think we are stupid and cannot figure it out. Same scenario, this guy isnt an LSU fan he is an opposing fan making stuff up.
    Happens all the time.

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i assume most that are projected to be first day picks will get a new car while a student. kinchen did it. its called getting a loan. particularly with the projected #1 pick overall, id be shocked if he didnt take out a loan. it all depends on the when he was driving the car.

9. mean machine

mean machine Founding Member

A little off topic, but when will the ESPN gods finally replace/relocate Cowherd? I pretty much like everyone on ESPN Radio except for him, and damn if he isn't the one yakking during my lunch hour.

10. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

rue has it right. If its their Sr Year and they are projected into the next level, they can pretty much get unsecured loans from the bank. Within reason.

Late in his LSU career, Randy Livingston was driving a Taurus SHO, and we (well, most of us anyway) all know where he grew up.

Big Baby also had some decent rides his last year (he wrecked a couple of 'em, too).