Some UT news you might find interesting...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BloodTypeOandB, Jun 18, 2004.

1. BloodTypeOandB

BloodTypeOandB Founding Member

" 119642. Jayson Swain...
    by OrangeMound, 6/17/04 21:26 ET

Big news involving this UT player will come out either tomorrow or early next week. Somebody took his ACT test for him. That isn't especially big news. The big news is an attorney has a VIDEO tape of this person accepting cash from a prominent UT booster complete with his instructions on how to perform on that test, who he is taking it for, and its importance to the Tennessee football program. This person has signed an affidavit that he took the test under false pretenses and that he received money from not only a UT booster, but from someone he believes to be a UA representative as well. The motives of all involved will become very clear in the coming days. This is Blockbuster material

BloodTypeORANGEandBLUE

2. JETigER

JETigER Founding Member

everyone knows that UT boosters give out cash to football players and others to help the program. just because there is a video tape doesnt mean anything.

the NCAA has known for years that UT boosters give cash out and the NCAA has done nothing about it yet.

so why would they start now

3. BloodTypeOandB

BloodTypeOandB Founding Member

I guess the differences are the smoking gun and the

fact that Kramer no longer is head of the SEC.

I was hesitant to post this before it came fact, but what are message boards for?

I don't know about you guys, but I have had it up to here with this crap. Heck, at this rate there won't be enough teams not on probation to make it to the SEC championship game.

If this turns out to be true it will mean another black eye to the SEC, another school on probation, and prob the firing of the Great Pumpkin. It makes me sick.

Something has got to give. Must scandal be a part of the SEC and college football forever?

BT:OB+

4. JETigER

JETigER Founding Member

i don't know about some things, but i do know phillip fulmer will not be fired because of any video tape, unless it is a video showing a 77-0 defeat at the hands of kentucky.

5. ramah

ramah Founding Member

LMAO ... I hope this is true and not BS ... we shall soon know.

I hope UT & Bama continue to try to gut each other like fish in their Border Wars ...

while LSU continues to reap recruiting rewards like Brandon Washington & JaMarcus Russell

Time for a visit to the UT & Bama forums to stir the pot ...

Put it in the GUMBO ... Baby :lol:

6. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

I wonder if Bama had anything to do with the tape :D

7. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Who wants to wager that, somewhere in the background of this whole thing, lies a vengeful Alabama fan or two doing everything they can to get this out in the open? (***Sorry, just saw the "UA representative" reference, but it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure that one out anyway!**)

Payback's a beeotch, fat boy Fulmer. All youse other SEC teams can go on probation, for all I care. Makes it even easier for LSU to recruit the best players in the South, IMO.

8. JETigER

JETigER Founding Member

bump because bill clinton is back in the news and this post reminded me of him

9. JETigER

JETigER Founding Member

bumped so i can have evidence that i am not the worst message board poster in the history of the world.

i am just second to worst behind this guy