Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Songs stuck in my head for no reason

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by lsu99, Dec 5, 2013.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Every once in awhile, I'll get a song stuck in my head even though I haven't heard it in months/years. This morning, I woke up and had three different songs that I don't think I've heard recently. They were Smooth Criminal (Michael Jackson), I'll Be There (Jackson Five), and a Rush song (think it mentions "Eternity" in one of the verses).

Maybe these songs were in one of my dreams? Does this happen to anyone else?
  2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Veteran Member

anything on the Disney channel or the disney app.
    mobius481 likes this.

3. I see this commercial, then the song dogs me for days.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    fanatic likes this.
  4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal

Songs get stuck in my head easily.

I never listen to the radio, but last night Colin Cowherd tweeted "On phone last 60 minutes. Crazy rumors. Shock the sports world rumors." So I bit and tried to tune into his radio show this morning. I have no clue what station it comes on b/c I don't listen to the radio. I couldn't find the station and gave up and Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball" came on the radio.

It was going through my head as I opened this thread.

That's right, I posted something about Richard Simmons and now I'm telling y'all I listened to "Wrecking Ball" this morning. @LSUsupaFan oughtta have fun with this one.
  5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

@Cajun Sensation... My wife is a fashion designer. We could find a dude to set you up with.
  6. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

For reference, these songs are known as earworms.

They burrow into your mind and torture you.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I heard this stupid song for the first time the other day. I truly hope that whoever wrote it is "getting nuttin for Christmas"

fanatic likes this.
  8. locoguano

locoguano Fear the Beard.

I co-sponsor the Chess Club where I teach... There is a tiny, dorky 6th grade kid that starts singing this every time we have a meeting. I then have it stuck in my head for a couple hours.
    GiantDuckFan likes this.
  9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Are your middle schoolers singing that infernal "What Does the Fox Say?" song? Shoot me now, please.