Sourdoughman

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Uncle Gus, May 28, 2004.

1. Uncle Gus

Uncle Gus Founding Member

Just noticed you live in Aurora CO.

I used to work for ADT and conducted training seminars there for work pretty regularly for a while. I got to eat at a numer of great restaurants in the area, and I was wondering if you ever have dined at any of them.

el rancho colorado
    the fort in Red Rocks
    Red Rocks Grill

can't remember some of the others, but we often went up into the Mountains to restaurants up there...

Your thoughts?

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

We haven't been to those restaurants but I will write them down and have to try them some time.
    We have a 3 year old so we haven't gone to eat out that much since we moved to Denver in the summer of 2000.

How long has it been since you were here?
    The reason I asked is when we moved here we lived in Highlands Ranch which is just south of Littleton.

We have tried a few restaurants in Littleton, Englewood, Aurora and Denver.
    On the Border, Chevys, Outback Steakhouse, Brothers BBQ, Sante Fe Grill, Macaroni Grill, The Black Eyed Pea, Chipolle Grill, Country Buffet, Gunther Tuddies, Ben & Jerrys,Bennetts BBQ, MIMI's Cafe.

I can't remember the name but we ate at a motel-restaurant just west of Evergreen, it is where Eisenhower or Johnson stayed, the scenery around this property is mountainous and pretty.

There are a few restaurants in the mountains and around town I don't remember the names.

We are going to try and go to Estes Park this summer.
    I've always wanted to go to the Stanley Hotel there, for those that don't know the inside was modeled in the movie The Shining.
    The outside of The Shining was taken from Mt. Hood in Oregan and the outside of Hotel in the movie was The Timberwood or Timberland or something like that on
    Mt Hood.

Steven King also stayed in The Stanley and wrote part of a book there.
    Its also suppose to be Haunted, I saw that on the history show Haunted History that
    I use to watch regularly!

Sorry Uncle Gus, didn't mean to change the subject but I'm fascinated by these kind of
    places!

3. Uncle Gus

not really into haunted places, but my ex-father in law used to live in a house in the quarter that was inhabited by the ghost of Juda P. Benjamin who was a prominent business man in New Orleans one hundred or so years ago, and interestingly enough, a relative on my mother's side of the family......

I say inhabited, because Juda P. just kind of hung around and made a bit of noise, he never really haunted but of course my ex-FIL's maid hated to be alone in the house......

If you get a chance go to the Red Rocks Grill, it's a place that one could bring a small child, and has good food. It's owned by a woman who calls herself "the bitch'in Puerto Rican".

If you and mom get a sitter, the Fort is a more upscale place that is built in an indian era rock fort. It's really neat.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

quote:
    If you get a chance go to the Red Rocks Grill, it's a place that one could bring a small child, and has good food. It's owned by a woman who calls herself "the bitch'in Puerto Rican".
    If you and mom get a sitter, the Fort is a more upscale place that is built in an indian era rock fort. It's really neat.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I will check these places out!
    Interesting story about your ex-father in law's house!

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Anybody remember who Gunther Toody was?

6. Uncle Gus

a german guy who liked to make warm liquor drinks?

7. SabanFan

Not quite :grin:

Gunther Toody was Muldoon's partner on "Car 54 Where Are You?

8. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

No, that was Gunnar Toddy :grin: :grin: :grin:

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The secret identity of Herman Munster.

10. SabanFan

That was Muldoon.