Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Space!!!

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by LSUpride123, Nov 16, 2012.

1. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

I think space is super gay.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 Boobies make everything A OK!!!

[​IMG]
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member

That is so bad ass. So much energy.
  4. LSUpride123

5. locoguano

locoguano Fear the Beard.

Currently reading this: http://www.amazon.com/Parallel-Worlds-Journey-Creation-Dimensions/dp/1400033721/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353648530&sr=8-1&keywords=parallel worlds

Parallel Worlds: A Journey Through Creation, Higher Dimensions, and the Future of the Cosmos by Michio Kaku. If you have watched any science show in the last ten years that talks about space then you have heard him speak... Asian guy with the geek-mullet. Its a very good read thus far... really getting an update on the discoveries in astronomy, physics, and cosmology that weren't really considered or taught just 20 years ago when I was in high school. I think what makes it flow so well for me is that it is written more as a history book than a science book.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member

That dude is pretty cool. I watch ALL of those space shows on science channel.
    fanatic likes this.
  7. LSUpride123

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2012/12/03/tantalizing-hints-organics-on-mars-nasa-says/

Hints of organics!!

What I am most curious about is if scientist look at Earth and only think this model is a model for what we know as life. Obviously, it is a model you can look to have duplicated as it would indicate earth "like" life, however I believe what we think we know is not really much at all considering the vastness of the universe.
  8. LSUpride123

9. fanatic

fanatic Buckle your seatbelts...

Thanks for the heads up. The concept of parallel worlds and/or universes fascinates me, so I think I'll give this book a try.
  10. gumborue

gumborue Painfully Pessimistic

this must be the place to bring up the 17B earth sized planets in the milky way. wrap your head around that number. now, how many are in the goldilocks zone?