Spring Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Apr 5, 2014.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Not many.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

The ball is in Rettig's court just like the rest of the QBs. He is getting reps but not doing much with them yet. He has to take advantagfe of the opportunites or he will have no choice but to transfer for his career. He isn't being run off by any means.

stevescookin likes this.
  3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

amazing how people assume

4. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I could show you the meaning of tigertap.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm glad I'm inside since the sky is falling.

Have we ever had any indication of how the next season is going to go for LSU after the Spring Freaking Game?

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Harris looked more comfortable than Jennings, that is for sure. Some kids just get it when the game is on. Harris looked very good for the small amount of time he has been on campus. Jennings had a bad day, but I think it had to do with him trying to keep up with Harris. Harris is busting his ass for the starting job which is good.

I am ok with either one to start. Jennings will most likely be a safer bet with less flash, but Harris will be up and down IMO. Only so much a true freshman can do, but the kid looks great.

The LB's played VERY well along with our secondary. Would like the D'line to be a bit more active and the running game needs to get geared up.

stevescookin and ParadiseiNC like this.
  7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Yeah, it's both amusing and annoying at the same time. While (I think) concerns can be noted based on a spring game, some people go so overboard that it gives you the impression that they are miserable with their lives. I have no idea if that's the case but it appears that way.

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

13, Spring game was the 14th and one more today to finish, you're allowed 15 total. Does anyone remember the Former LSU QB that threw 5 Ints. in the Spring game? I wouldn't read too much into the game. I saw a lot of things I liked, like I always say, sometimes its better not to follow the ball in the Spring game. I like what I saw in the OL, we have some depth, I like the DL, Rasco sitting out got the younger kids some reps. Hunter can hang with anyone right now(But I knew this). Dural is back to his old form and will do well. Diarse looked good at times. I like very much in what I saw from DeSean Smith, he will be open all year, created too much of a match up problem. The TE is a very strong part of this offense. OL along with TE are solid positions.

Evan Washington and Hoko both played the position well. I can see a good battle there. Boutte played LT and played a good game, the kid looks solid and moves very well, he'll have a shot next year with all the players leaving. Malone is still young, but looked good at times. Austin still has a way to go, but he's also young. As a whole, the OL look to do a better job in blocking and pass block is still a work in progress. But like I said, I did like what I saw. Looks like the new OL Coach will pay off quickly. This was needed. Peveto hasn't missed a beat, took right off were he left us. Good to see him back on the sidelines.

Word out Peveto and Grimes both have done very well early in the recruiting game. Cam had a number of players at the Baseball game that night.

Even without Martin, Thompson and a few others, the DB's can hang with anyone. Paris is a guy that will see playing time this year, too much good about him. Moffitt said that he loves the weights and you can tell, the kid is solid. Not afraid to matchup on anyone. Still young, but too much potential.

The LB'ers are another deep part of the defense, most played very well in the game.

DL was another one to keep an eye on,some of the players that took the red-shirt last year seemed to have filled out well, and are learning the position. Depth should not be a problem this year, with the DE's, I like what I saw, like I said, even without Rasco.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Great write up @LSUDad covered everything except the most important position on the field. You know, the one at which it appears there is a gaping hole?

LSUDad likes this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Along the QB's, I did like what I saw there. Harris has the arm, but after seeing him in the dome last year, this I knew. You don't get a lot of coaching at that position in high school, summer camps help. But once in college that changes. Having Cam is a major plus, in high school Harris was raw, very raw, he can throw, he has an arm, from there, Cam will fine tune his game. Jennings much of the same. Jennings started out forcing throws, you saw the Ints. He will look back at film and Cam will direct him further. Rettig had a nice throw, but by that time the WO DB's were in, but still a nice throw. I'm not worried about the position, Cam gives me a piece of mind. I think all three QB's could help this year, its a long season, you may need two to three during a season. I like what I saw in the progression of the QB's after the snap.

Winston1 and gyver like this.