Spring Practice Videos

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Swerved, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Some videos from Tuesday...

It's noted in the article, that it wasn't Mett's best day and I can see why they said that. Of course, one can't be measured in ability accurately by a few clips of video from spring practice.

TigerRag - Tuesday Practice Videos

1 person likes this.
  2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

That is how Mett has been over the last 3 practices which isn't uncommon given he just got here and trying to get in a groove. JJ and Lee have the experience on the practice field and it shows.

We have to be patient because he is not just going to come in and steal the show this early.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Just my OP, but you can see a clear difference in roll-outs with JJ. Shame we didnt use him more that way last year.

I honestly do no care if JJ starts, so long as plays are called to our player strength....

Can't wait to see Ford & Blue tear it up....

4. Swerved

Yep. If they start Jefferson and he plays like he did in the bowl game, I don't have a problem in the world with it. However, past history dictates that he looks much better in practice than in most game-time scenarios. We shall see..

As far as Mett's performance, I agree with Bhelm. I expect he will look a bit rusty initially, but by summer's end I think we'll see a different side of him.

5. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

LOVE the Big Cat drill!

6. Louisiananimal

Louisiananimal Wesley Austin

Good footage of them practicing the option play that everyone here loves!:yelwink2:
    Thanks for Posting!

7. gely33

gely33 Here I Stand

I always felt play calling hurt JJ. JJ's ability was never an issue in my opinion, however the play calling and route combinations were horrific. those two issues compounded with poor coaching from crowton were too much to overcome. I cant wait to see what krag brings to the table.

8. Jester

Jester Founding Member

Anyone else notice that there has been significant improvement in Jefferson's throwing motion. I heard that he worked on it all off-season and that Krag has been working with him ever since he arrived. He seems to have shortened that giant 3-second windup that he used to use. His motion seems much more compact and sharp, and it seems to have improved his accuracy on short routes. Things are looking good.

9. Swerved