Spurrier Nightmare

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BB, Feb 6, 2004.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

I had the most awful nightmare last night. I dreamed that Ole Miss went on to win only 3 games in 2004 (that part was great) and so they fired Cutcliff and hired Steve Spurrier. That scared the crap out of me. Now I know full and well that Oxford isn't big enough for Spurrier to park his ego, but would that scenario scare you? Why in the world did I dream about such bad things?

2. LSUfan636

LSUfan636 Founding Member

I think it would be great! If Ole-Miss was as good as they were this year, the rivalry would get huge between us. It could even grow to be as big as AU-AL.

3. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

I think there is a much better chance that Spurrier ends up at Texas than Ole Miss, with the heat Mac Brown is under from the fans. Imagine Stoops having some real competition when they play Texas every year.

4. msully

msully Founding Member

UT Steve

If UT loses 3 games this year Steve may have Phil's job UT fans are falling like flies .

5. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

In Florida Spurrier had the luxury of being in a football talent breeding ground. Florida is second on the list of states for football talent, behind only California. This allowed Spurrier to hand pick top notch WRs for his system. I'm not sure how much of that same kind of talent he could attract to Oxford. Without top notch receivers, I'm not so sure Spurrier would be as dangerous as he was in the 90's. The talent he aquired in Florida was key for his success.

This is not to say Spurrier wouldn't be successful at any other school, but I for one don't think he would be the threat he used to be, without the thoroughbreds he's used to. Fun and Gun isn't so fun anymore these days.:cuss:

6. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

IMO Spurrier wouldn't go to Tenn is they named the state after him. I think he hates that place. IMO he wouldn't coach at another SEC school. Why would he? Where would he? Ole Miss- no way (he would only consider MAJOR programs with huge fan, recruiting, and alum bases). Texas is much more probable.

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I disagree, I believe Spurrier would consider going to another SEC school. Here are a few he might consider, given the opportunity....

-Bama
    -Tenn
    -LSU
    -maybe Auburn

All these schools have proven that they will take the necessary steps to have a winning football program.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I had a great dream that he took over Texas and began winning the Big-12 championship over Bob Stoops and Oklahoma year after year and Stoops had to be committed to an insane asylum.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You can probably add Georgia to that list.

10. attigeratlaw

attigeratlaw Founding Member

I don't think Ole Miss could afford to pay Spurrier's going rate.