Still a shot at the NC?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU4Life, Nov 26, 2007.

1. LSU4Life

LSU4Life Founding Member

I was listening to the ESPNU podcast - for College Football and the guy says that if Mizzou and WVA loose, OSU would move up to #1 and the most likely candidate would be.. LSU?

Can any other BCS pros speculate on this?

2. khounba

khounba Founding Member

3. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

WVU has been strong so far. If they lose.. i'd be happy.

We're at #7 with a t5 in front of us. It's possible.. but it would require nothing short of a miracle.

4. "Hurricane"

"Hurricane" Founding Member

yup, cause Georgia didnt even win its own division and LSU put an a$$ whooping on VT on national TV. Kansas also didnt even win its own division and has not beaten anybody in the top 25. But my guess is WV wins, Mizzou loses, and we play freaking Hawaii.

5. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

Write this in stone. LSU WILL NOT BE IN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

Forget about it because it's just gonna make you disappointed when we're not there. Hope for an SEC Title and a trip to the Sugar Bowl.

6. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

If West Virginia loses the early game on Saturday it will put in play one of the most exciting days in college football. The closest thing to a playoff for college football. And WV does play at Pitt. LSU is at 4pm with the OU/Mizou game at 8pm. Who knows, it would normal for this crazy season.

7. "Hurricane"

It's really dissappointing, since we've fielded some of the best talented teams ever, yet couldnt achieve anything. We were #3 in 2005 going into the SECCG, chances for a national title (I know both Texas and USC were undefeated) yet we choke and we lose. In 2006, the best team we've ever fielded in my opinion, we lose 2 games with a combined 13 points scored on offense. In 2007, we're #1, we lose to kentucky, then luck strikes and we're #1 again and heading to the BCSNC, we lose our last regular season game. When are we going to stop choking and hoping for miracles to go our way???????? Im just really frustrated!!!!!:confused:

1 person likes this.
  8. Kliee

Kliee Founding Member

It could be worst.... just ask Terry :hihi:

9. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

That's odd. I thought our players played their butts off. Triple OT is a choke? Arkansas and Kentucky wanted it more and played their best games of the season to beat us. It's tough being #1, just ask USC. And if the season goes 2 more games we would prolly be back at #1.

10. "Hurricane"

It's a choke if you watched the game. First of all, we have played to the level of our competition for most of the season. 2, we had defensive breakdowns in OT in both games.