"Stop Talking about Trev Alberts" campaign

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu99, Aug 21, 2004.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Everybody (not just LSU fans) seems to hate Trev Alberts. Yet, his stature continues to grow because everyone talks about how much they hate him. Therefore, I think we should start the "Stop Talking About Trev Alberts" campaign. This would appear to defeat our ultimate goal of not talking about him and give the negative press he and ESPN craves. However, I think GameDay for the opener would be the perfect time for the campaign. The nation's eyes are on us. We're taking on the evil before it grows into something uncontrollable. Let's expose this fraud. Make some posters with some creative stuff, past predictions of his that made him look bad, "I just took a Trev and wiped my Alberts" - you know, stuff like that.

I certainly don't have time to organize such a campaign but hope one of you do. Hell, if just 20 of us from TigerForums makes one poster, I consider that a campaign. It would be a cool way to identify other TigerForums members. The front of the poster could have "Stop Talking About Trev Alberts" while the back would have something unique to bash the Alberts. Could have them scattered around campus and definitely around the GameDay crew. Would ESPN acknowledge it or just try and ignore the campaign? If we come strong enough, they would almost have to bring it up. It could become a Gameday tradition where everybody totally rips on Trev Alberts from different places throughout the country. Whaddya say?

Also, if one of you has a better name for the campaign, that's fine with me. Anything to bash the Alberts. I'll make my poster to conform to the revolution. Let's DO THIS. :thumb:

2. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I don't think it will work. They know about him, he is their modern day "Howard Cosell" My Dad used to scream at Howard, he was one of those guys you loved to hate also. Welcome to big media. You ever watch " American Choppers"? Big Pauly always giving Paul Jr a tough way to go? Everyone hates him. It's an act, same scene every week, Drama sells, hell Look at WWE! :lol:

JS.....JUMPS on top rope and screams HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME!

3. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

I like Trev Alberts. He's the one that said "Ole Miss is and always will be the runts of the SEC."

4. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

see he is wrong there cause everyone knows its vandy

5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Yeah, that was a good one. An LSU fan must have e-mailed him that line.

6. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Sorry, no can do.

I *hate* Trev, and I'm loud and proud about it!

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

ESPN is full of such fools. Waste of time.

Extra
    Stupid
    People
    Network

8. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

I got no love for the Rebels, but I got some respect for them. That remark was an uncalled for kick in the teeth to them after a heart-breaking loss. Out of all our games last year, I think Ole Miss, not Florida, deserved to beat us. They played hard, and had a tough break when Eli fell down. Man, I was in the stands in the band when it happened. We were all like, "I didn't want to win like this."

Again, don't take this as love for Ole Miss. I just think Trev was a total jerk to say that to 'em after a tough loss.

9. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Who is this Trev Alberts ?

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

LSU99: If your campaign is successful you would be doing exactly the opposite of what it is you're trying to avoid - bringing attention to Trev Alberts.