Students section location?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by saia27, Oct 8, 2007.

1. saia27

saia27 Freshman

Hello fellow Tiger fans

First post on the these forums, but I have been a long time reader.

Anyway,I've been a LSU tiger fan my entire life, but have never been to a game. I'm looking for tickets to the Auburn game(Hopefully this will be my first LSU game), but I don't know where the Student section is. I am only concerned about this because I don't want to buy tickets in the student section. If someone could tell me what side or the sections it is on that would be very appreciated.

Also please share some experiences you have had with online ticket companies, good and bad.

By the way, this is a great forum with lots of information and some very classy people.

Geaux tigers!!!

2. TheGimpLSU

TheGimpLSU Founding Member

North endzone, but I don't remember the sections.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Haha. Sounds like an AU fan in disguise who's intimidated by the student's section. :lol:

4. Mudbug00

Mudbug00 Freshman

Saia,

As I recall, the student section tickets are sold to students only at the Ticket Office in the Athletic Office. LSU students get the tickets at reduced prices.

If you wanted to sit with a student in this area, then a student would have to buy the tickets for you. But you won't get the cut rate on the price, without a Student ID to enter the game.

So you can't accidentally buy a ticket in that area from another vender.

Iill be 59 years old in a couple of weeks, and have to make a statement here.

You have not lived until you've watched a game from the student section at least once in your life. I was brave enough to do it twice. But that was back in the late 80's or early 90's, when the Tigers were only reasonably competitive. I vowed back then never to do it again. I had gotten too old almost 20 years ago!

Good Luck :geauxtige

1 person likes this.
  5. Carface

Carface What the...?

Okay, so I'm a student and I'm not sure exactly EVERY section that constitutes the entire student section, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I think, roughly, 223-233 and everything below is the student section.

[​IMG]

6. saia27

saia27 Freshman

Haha no I'm not. I'm only saying this because my brother told me you have to be a student to sit there.

7. Carface

Carface What the...?

If someone has bought a student ticket and upgraded it to a guest ticket, anyone can sit in the student section. However, they have imposed a limit on the amount of upgrades per game this season (why? I'm not sure).

8. saia27

saia27 Freshman

Thanks for the info.

Trust me When I'm a Student at LSU I will Go to the students section.
    But I'm still in highschool so I won't be able to sit in the student section.

Honestly if I could have it anyway I wanted I would sit with the students.

9. Mudbug00

Mudbug00 Freshman

:hihi: I've been a Tiger Fan for as long as I can remember, and
    I am certainly intimidated by the student section! I can imagine what the opposition must feel!

How long? I graduated HS with Bert Jones in Ruston in '67, and can remember the Chineese Bandits from sitting next to the floor radio in the living room with my dad and grandfather, listening to those magical games as a kid of 9 or 10. But I've only had my season tickets for about 12 years, when my own kids started attending LSU.

I don't have good recollections of the Halloween Night broadcast with the great Billy Cannon run back, but do remember the game as we beat Ole' Miss that night, our second most hated arch rival (Tulane). Only a couple of years later, when I saw the Cannon replay on Channel 6 in New Orleans, did I realize what game they were talking about. Since that time, I've seen it a hundred times, I guess.

I seem to have better memories of quarterback Warren Rabb than Cannon himself. Just shows what a 10 year old takes in, huh?

10. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Students sections are from 222-236 in the upper, 217-221 mid and 201-204 lower. Although it has toned down a bit the reserved seats in 216 and 217 get some fallout from the student sections behind them. If you are below row 15 or so in those sections you should be OK.