Summitt - "Parker is the best"; Chancellor right pick at LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Mike in Memphis, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Summitt – “Parker is the best”
    The link: http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/apr/06/in-summitts-view-parkers-best/

Chancellor the right pick at LSU
    The link: http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/apr/05/heavyweights-in-womens-final-four-too/
    :eek:ldskule:

2. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I thought Chancellor was a great pick also, at this time. He had a Sr. laden team with a great shot at a championship, right NOW. We didn't have time to break in a head coach. We needed experience, at the championship level, and Van brought it in. I watched him in Houston, and I thought he'd be a great fit, which has proven true.

He won't be around a long time, but he'll be a great transitional figure, recruit well for a few years, and give LSU time to find a great coach when he decides it time to ride off into the sunset.

Geaux Lady Tigers!!!

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

when chancellor was first hired, i knew he had the resume, but i didnt know anything about the personality of the man. i questioned if he would be the right fit for the team. good to see my worries were silly.

i love coach van chancellor now. it is great to see how well he gets along with the team and how he has endeared us fans to him with his personality.

4. clair

clair Rockets

don't go and think this is a sunset job for him, etc... He has a 6 year deal and he says he will complete his deal if not more.

He has the energy of a 30 year old.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

If you ask the seniors on this team, to a woman they will say that they have enjoyed this season much more than their last 3. Nothing wrong with the last 3 seasons, but Van makes it fun. He is quite a character.