Supporting a Bad Product:

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by USNavyTiger, Apr 25, 2006.

1. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

from tigersmack.com:

"Yes, we know there are members of the Online Tiger Tard Brigade who’ll say we’re not “real fans” unless we spend a lot of time on LSU’s once proud, now embarrassingly bad baseball program. And to them we say screw that and screw you. We look at it this way. If the food quality at our favorite restaurant fell so badly that we no longer enjoyed going.... WE’D STOP GOING. If our favorite band started putting out bad records...WE’D STOP BUYING THEM. (ok, that last one already happened and we’re bummed about it, but that’s another topic) Sure, if you want, you can get your undies all in a wad about some imagined fan loyalty obligation. And sure, you can jump up on your soapbox about how you supported the team when they were down, so all the other tards on the internet will think you’re cool and tell you what a “real fan” you are (because, you know, having the respect of a bunch of schmoes on a message board is pretty important in the big picture). Meh. Life’s to short to be that stupid. We’re not wasting our time, money and emotional energy on a crappy product, and that’s what LSU baseball is right now: a crappy product. If Skip doesn’t care what kind of team his boy puts on the field, why should we?"

2. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

That pretty much sums it up, although I think I've got a little more faith in fan loyolaty than they do. I'd like to think that being a fan of LSU is a little more special than being a fan of Applebee's.

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

yeah, its a bad analogy but who would spend their hard earned money just to get disappointed over and over again.

sabanfan even quit going because he wanted to stay emotionally detached.

4. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

People will always be fans. It doesnt matter how bad your team gets. If you are a fan of a program or team, you will always have a love for them. Having said that, if the team stinks during a particular year, you have every right to stay away. You can opt to listen on radio instead of going to the games. I dont think any less of you

5. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

I've gotta agree with that, and I think that is what most Tiger fans are doing this season. I think that the fans are still listening on the radio, watching it on t.v., and reading the paper.

With people's lives being so hectic, I can't blame them for not going to Alex Box to see the Tigers lose two of three every weekend. People just aren't willing to make sacrifices to go to LSU games (skipping out of work early, not studying the Sunday before a big test, paying babysitters) like they were before.

BTW...Sirius radio has been broadcasting most of the weekend games in case some of you are out of town and you have Sirius.

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

When I was LSU I never missed a home baseball or basketball game. I also went to several away games. That would not change if the baseball team had been bad and the basketball team any worse.

Now that I live out of state I make the games I can. No matter how good or bad the team is. I went to a game in Knoxville, and will make one in Auburn. I'd love to see a few at the box, but it won't work out for me.

Its great and alot of fun when the team is winning, but true fans stick with it through thick and thin. And a bad day at the Box is better than a great day at work.

Now

7. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

supporting your team is something done because u have passion, if u dont miss it, even a little, then maybe something is wrong. i also dont think u kno how good u have it until u dont, my family and i have been watching games on the geaux zone because we live in california. i understand if u dont go to as many games in a losing season as a winning season but i would think u would be excited about big series like the miss st

8. Victory4LSU

Victory4LSU Founding Member

You have to consider the source when reading BS on ts. Dave frey is a giant douchebag who couldn't run a successful lsu site. He is reduced to rantings on a blog and a joke of a blog at that. There is alot of worthless crap on the internet and tigersmack.com heads that list.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Yo! Saints fan over here!

10. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

I left that sinking ship a long time ago friend.
    I saw the light, hope you will soon.

:thumb: