Tack Minor

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Hub

Hub Founding Member

May be old news. Heard on the radio today that "allegedly" Minor was kicked off his high school team this week. That's real nice to here if true. Well disciplined, upstanding recruit coming in......again as i said, if it's true. I had heard previously that the guy was a disciplinary problem, probably the reason he didn't have a lot of college offers.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Minor was suspended for one game for breaking a team rule. He was not dismissed from the team as suggested by one of the Houston papers. Anyway that is the story floating on the internet.

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I heard he was heavily recruited before committing to LSU (not sure if source was reliable). Was he not heavily recruited? Also, I know he scored 70+ in a game earlier in the year. He's awfully small. I was hoping D. Mitchell would be the undisputed PG for the next 3 years. What would that make Minor?

4. red55

If he's scored 70 points, I'd call him the shooting guard!

5. Truth and Lies about Minor

Minor was a big time recruit and committed to LSU. He did score 72 points in a game (shooting guard sounds right)...

The rumor started when a beat reporter for the Chronicle here in Houston reported Minor being dismissed from the team. The same article goes on have comments from the coach about the team playing 4 games without Mino. The Times-Pic reported today that Minor would play again against Sam Houston High; TP had that game as being played tonight but the game isn't scheduled until next weekend (jan 25).

So, the Chronicle reported Minor was off his HS team, the TP says he will play tonight. Obviously, someone is wrong and I bet the truth is somewhere in between. My guess is Minor plays on Jan 25 after serving a 4 game suspension.

6. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Tack Minor also received scholarship offers from Cincinatti and Oklahoma, two big time schools.

As far as us having smaller guards in the future, it is also a concern of mine. Mitchell is like 5'10" and Minor is 5'11". Gipson isn't much taller. And don't get me started about Charlie Thompson - good hustle, not much else. I think LSU will miss the size and ball handling ablities of Torris, Collis and Ronald. But size is even more important on the defensive end and I think that a tall PG could back down our smaller guards next year.

7. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Depends on where you look. go to www.tigerrag.com and it shows cincy as offered him but not Ok.

Also, got some more info on the incident. Allegedly Minor got pissed at an officials call during a game. In retaliation, he threw the basketball at the ref. The coaches immediate reaction was to throw him off the team. Coach later changed his mind to 1 or couple game suspension.

Brady will have his hands full with this guy. Hopefully he can mold him the way he wants him.

8. FWIW - Minor played in Washington's game last night and scored 22 points.

Seems like Brady is pretty good at being able to handle 18-21 year old hot heads.

9. red55

Ethan "E" Martin was listed at 6-0, but was actually 5-10 and he was the best point guard I've ever seen at LSU with the possible exception of Chris Jackson Abdul Ralph or whatever his name was. (no, I didn't see Maravich play, before my time).

10. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

..though you are dating yourself a bit...but hey I remember those days too. Ethan Martin, Rudy Macklin.........man brings tears to my eyes...