Taking joy in others' misery

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Sep 30, 2007.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I see a lot of rejoicing and rubbing of noses in the misfortunes of Bama, OU, Florida, etc. Personally, I don't like to have my own posts shoved up my behind so I stay away from that stuff. If/when we lose a game, I expect you guys will take the payback in stride.

1 person likes this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Yep. I'm sure they'll either take it in stride or duck and weave or self destruct or look to fire the coaches or the players or pass the buck to something else. Or simply not show up. Yeah. One of those. Probably more of the later and less of the former.

3. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i haven't posted anything till now(just gettingback fromN,O.), but i'll always take pleasure in florida's unhappiness. even though i think it makes them more dangerous next week.

1 person likes this.
  4. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I usually keep all of that to myself. That said, I do not like Oklahoma, especially after they tried to rip off the New Orleans Hornets and are now working on the Seattle Supersonics. I am just personally biased against okies. ;)

Secondly, I would have preferred Auburn lose yesterday to have another Conference loss and to prevent UF from getting totally roused for our game next week. They have enough motivation - losing an SEC game earlier than expected did not need to be added to that. Also, this is the SEC. The chances of anyone coming out completely undefeated is very low. I think we all recognize that.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Wait until/if we lose a game. I could almost sit back with a six pack and watch the hypocrites complain out of control.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I understand where you're coming from but if we take care of things like we should, we're helping ourselves in helping to keep them from the SECCG and not having to beat them twice. It would definitely open it up for any team in their conference who beats them and they get Georgia, Kentucky, and South Carolina on the road after LSU.

Oh, and SabanFan, I'd hate to think about what some of these people would be like with a loss......they have a hard enough time with a 25 point margin of victory......or a 45 point shutout against a conference foe.

1 person likes this.
  7. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

I am an alumnus of Auburn (bama needs no explanation) and Texas Tech (OU is in the Big 12 South) and AU played Florida last night. As for the etc., Texas is in the Big 12 South and 2 of my sister-in-laws went there.

2 weeks ago I felt very low; I may be rationalizing and rebounding, but I really feel good today.:)

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Yea, I guess they should be vilified for actually supporting an NBA franchise, unlike New Orleans. :dis:

9. edyel

edyel edyel

Smack Talk has been around as long as the game. If a fan can dish it out they should be ready to take it. I do in fact take a lot of pleasure in seeing Bama and FLA. lose so if we lose to them then they can come over here and shove my posts!

10. TigerinAustin

TigerinAustin Founding Member

What's with all the holier fan than thou crap lately? Why do so many LSU fans need to tell everyone else what they think the right fan and right
    behavior look like? And how is that indiganation any less offensive than some of the behavior they are calling out?

Fortunately for you guys, I'm not that kind of fan, so you would never in a million years see ME pulling that crap.

2 people like this.