TBs & WRs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Perple, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Just some random thoughts about these positions.

Seems to me we have to play maybe even 2 Frosh WRs this season. Henderson is a Senior & Clayton could bolt to the NFL, leaving us with Green & Brazell with experience for '04. Talk of RS Most of the Frosh WRs seems short sighted, IMO.

TB seems to be Addia Starting & Carey playing Dom's old position.
    I really like Addai at RB, wished he had played a little more last year! Ally Broussard could shake this up if his ankles are OK. Justin Vincent - I don't understand this, I was reading TR's 4/15/03 Depth chart, they have Vincent at #5 on the chart? How does a Parade All- American RB fall to the very Bottom? Is it because he was playing DB most of the Spring or is there more to this? B. Edwards needs the SAT.

2. ricky

ricky Freshman

First of all LSU has a star in the making named Junior Joseph who was red-shirted last year at wide-out. Dwayne Bowe and Amp Hill both from Florida and Craig Davis from O.P. walker will step in and fill any void left. All stand 6-1 or 6-2 and can fly. All were national recruits who could have picked their school. At running back if Barrington Edwards can make his test score Justin could even be more expendible depending on needs in the defensive backfield. Running back is young but talented. Joseph Addai will remind fans of Eddie Fuller with his pass catching ability coming out of the backfield. With the offensive line being awesome LSU should be able to gain yards on the ground at will.

3. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Ricky,

Thanks for the heads up on Junior Joseph. I had completely forgotten about him. IMO, I think at least 1 of the 3 Frosh: Amp, Craig, or Dwayne Must play this year. I think I understand what's going on with Justin Vincent now. I feel realy good about our RB situation. Addai should be in for a Big year. Interesting comparison to Eddie Fuller. Not sure but Addai seems a tad faster, and as someone pointed out he always keeps his legs moving, and does fall forward. Eddie of course is a legend, I hope Addai has his heart!