Texas A&M vs LSU Official Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kcal, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I am not comfortable with Nuss or the others. If its Nuss our offense will have to look a lot different. It would be a little more combo smashmouth and pure pocket passing. Nuss is good but not dynamic. I hope we can get a QB like Dante Moore to transfer here. With the quality OL we have and RB's like Holly, Jackson and Durham our run game should be awesome.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The biggest thing that can be said in favor of Nuss at this point is that he has patiently waited his turn. That's worked out well for us at times in the past (see: Matt Flynn) and not so much in others (see: Myles Brennan). I don't see how we'll have any choice other than bringing in someone with experience to compete with him, like Moore. And hopefully close the deal with Underwood.

3. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Based on Joe Burrow and Jayden Daniels successes and the emergence of Milroe at Bama and others, I think the days of the pure pocket passer in the college game may be coming to an end. If you have a QB that is a threat to run or can at least extend plays with his feet really puts a lot more pressure on defenses than a pure pocket passing QB does. Nuss hasn't shown or been forced to show if he is a threat to run yet.