The Alley Broussard Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by slash, Apr 15, 2005.

1. slash

slash Freshman

I say he'll definitely be All-SEC, if not an All-American. But if nothing else, I'll always love him for dropping 250+ on Ole Miss.

What are your thoughts on #22?

PS, I know how it looks when people come here claiming to have "inside information"....but I know for a fact that Alley has been DESTROYING people all spring. I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but he is gonna be THE MAN

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Ah lak him...ah lak him a lot.

3. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I have been a Broussard fan since day one. I love the way he "Brings It". And I just would like to see him get credit for his speed.

4. PGTiger

PGTiger Founding Member

<--------------------------------See my avatar

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I definately see him being All-SEC before too long, but I think with our talented stable of RB's, all getting carries, I think they're too many solid RB's on our team to give Alley enough carries to be an All-American.

....but he's definately All-SEC caliber....

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I wouldn't be suprised to see Broussard be All-American. If he performs he's easily All-SEC and the real deciding factor of whether he makes it to All-American or not is how good are other running backs do and how many carries he gets. He's got the talent and he's going to be very, very good next year.

7. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Come on you low expectation-havin' mofo's!!!

[​IMG]

8. skrewauburn

skrewauburn Founding Member

personally, i think alley is awesome, but lets give some credit to the big uglies in the trenches. and yes, he'll atleast be all-sec.

9. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

A compliment from Iowa's Chad Greenway (6'4", 247 lbs, 4.7 40):

"I was trying to get a good lick on him (#22), but it was like tackling a train. We could read their guard, so we had a good idea when they were going to run, that helped keep him from getting up any steam. He was as tough a runner as any we faced this year".

10. freddy

freddy Founding Member

Anyone remember his first "big" game. It was against South Carolina in 2003. I remember it was in the first quarter, one of his first carries, he hit a hole, broke into the secondary, and just completely ran over one the the SC db's, barely broke stride. I think it ended up being about a 30 or 40 yard run where he almost scored. It was one of the best runs I saw all year. He is a special back.