The biggest dissapointment so far this season...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DallasLSU, Oct 4, 2004.

?

What part of the tigers has been most dissapointing this season?

1. The Offensive Line's blocking

15 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. The Cornerbacks

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  3. The dropoff of production from Justin Vincent

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. Lack of a consistent, starting Quaterback

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  5. Lack of pressure on the QB

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  6. Other, please list.

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. Cat Squirrel

Cat Squirrel Founding Member

Lack of leadership.

Honestly, I thought we would have a 2 or 3 loss season based on our brutal schedule and the youth of this team. I had HOPED for more but.....

This year belongs to Georgia and Auburn for the SEC's chances at a NC. And I wish them well from a SEC fan standpoint. I do think you'll see some fall off next year in UGA and AU when their seniors graduate. I think we will have a real chance at being contenders in the next few years when our super recruiting classes get older.

LSU....NC's in 2003, 05, 06 :grin: Just wait :grin:

2. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

...and that's because with Randall opposing teams know we don't have a quarterback that can consistently throw the ball down field. Hence, more often than not our offensive line is outnumbered, our running game rendered ineffective, and our quarterbacks pressured. As long as Randall is allowed to start at quarterback, coach Jimbo will be limited in what he can implement to counter opposing teams. The sooner LSU gets Russell up to speed, the sooner LSU will get back to being effective on offense and to once again winning championships. Sure the defense isn't playing at the same level they did during the latter part of last year, but if they weren't on the field so much and for so long, they would be playing a lot better. Success breeds success! Get our offense back on track and soon the whole team will be back on track.

3. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

On those touchdown passes thrown by Greene, most cornerbacks in the country would have been beaten on those plays. Those throws were simply fantastic, and those catches were great catches. There was very little that Daniels could have done. My hats off to UGA, that was as excellent execution as it gets. Face it people, UGA is a great team and if they continue to execute at that level they will probably win the MNC.

4. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

OL is getting better believe it or not, but we lost 4 starters, 3 counting the TE & one moved. They have timing & assignment issues. Maybe they are over thinking instead of reacting, don't know. They sure looked slow against Georgia. But for me personally I am disappointed in the defensive line strenghth & linebacker strength. We are getting overpowered for some reason. Anyway GO TIGERS!

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

agree with most of what you said and also your following post on criticizing the corners. Cmon folks. those guys were covered like a blanket and Joe Montana couldnt have thrown it better.

with that said, I hate repeating things said but during the game people were saying how good the corners were covered and theres nothing you can do about it and after some thought (since im not nick saban) I realized they were not chucking the WR's at the line. This is a coaching decision. Anyone know why the scheme has changed with the personnel basically the same?

You can't say the players just weren't using proper technique since this is something NS woulda corrected after one play of not hammering the receiver at the line of scrimmage.

WTF is wrong with Nate Livings? he came in and dominated the physical drill and now is too slow since he has moved to the outside. He has to play guard or sit the bench. UGA lined #47 (forgot his name) over Livings every play regardless. why is that? what did they see i had no clue of about Nate?

Should Ryan Miller or Big Herm take over at tackle?

Also agree the defense, although great stats before this game, still have given up too many big plays and the pile is always moving the wrong direction. I let it go wit Ronnie Brown who moves most piles but the one thing that worried me was 1st and 35 from the Oregon state 45 yard line and they convert and score. serious red flag for me. thats not acceptable for any NS coached team minus a fluke play but there were no flukes.

Im having a hard time finding answers so I can imagine CNS is having sleepless nights.

this team needs leaders ..... I truly think when your 2 leaders such as Matt Mauck and Big Chad, who were both close to 25 yrs old and worked their asses off, it sets the tone for the young bucks who come in thinking "the world is yours".

the world is yours....if you earn it. they have yet to earn anything. too much hype.

So I will blame the coaches for all of it. they make the serious bucks and in the end, they are responsible whether its warranted or not.