The bizarre Jonathan Martin/Richie Incognito story (Miami Dolphins)

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Nov 4, 2013.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Lovely family.

If you have a link, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. islstl

If it was anybody other than Incognito, maybe so.

This dude is going to kill someone soon. Especially after losing 1 million dollars in game pay (4 game suspension that Miami does not have to pay him for). Dude is going to make someone pay.

3. islstl

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...cognito-called-him-n-181618860--nfl.html?vp=1

The racial aspect of the saga took a fairly ridiculous turn when the Miami Herald posted a story titled "Richie Incognito considered black in Dolphins locker room." In it, three black Dolphins players are quoted as saying they don't think Incognito is a racist, and the Herald's Armando Salguero wrote this passage:

Well, I've spoken to multiple people today about this and the explanation from all of them is that in the Dolphins locker room, Richie Incognito was considered a black guy. He was accepted by the black players. He was an honorary black man.

And Jonathan Martin, who is bi-racial, was not. Indeed, Martin was considered less black than Incognito.

"Richie is honarary," one player who left the Dolphins this offseason told me today. "I don't expect you to understand because you're not black. But being a black guy, being a brother is more than just about skin color. It's about how you carry yourself. How you play. Where you come from. What you've experienced. A lot of things."

4. islstl

So I guess Chappelle wasn't too far off reality with his racial draft skit.

"In a surprising twist, Richie Incognito is now black and Jonathan Martin is full on caucasian!"

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Starting to find out the media took the Incognito part was blown way out of proportion. As I figured. Teammates are backing him up. Martins just a weird duck. Cognito is an ahole but there's plenty of those in the NFL.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I was thinking the same thing except I used pussy instead of weird duck. This country is in so much trouble and a very large majority of it have absolutely no clue.

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Like some have mentioned, I don't think this is an "either/or" situation. Martin is probably different than most NFL players as he went to a private high school and Stanford. However, I've been hearing for at least a couple of years how much of a punk that Incognito is on many different levels.

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Exactly. It's pretty telling that all of his Dolphin teammates, black and white, are taking Incognto's side.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

He's had his troubles for sure, but maybe he's grown up and gotten past them. On the surface, the text messages are vile, but put into context, they're probably not as bad as the media is making it. I've definitely gotten pretty obscene when clowing with my friends. In fact, that's usually how you know you've been 'accepted'; when people start clowning with you like that. It's the people that you don't or can't clown that way with that are usually the outcasts.

10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

When the news first broke about bullying claims in the Dolphins organization, I thought "Incognito was probaby involved somehow". Just look at his past. I can understand the questioning of Martin's character but I can't understand those that are defending Incognito based on a small sample of players defending him.