Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

The End....

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 29, 2012.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Haven't watched much of the Mayan talk lately but my understanding is that most of the "believers" think it will be more of a change in the world rather than the end of the world.

I think one of the numerous speculations is that earth (solar system) is passing through the middle of the Milky Way now and that has some sort of significance. Maybe there is even some sort of perceived mention of this in Nostradamus's predictions.

Never quite understood the shifting of the poles thing either. I think someone explained it on this site awhile back but I still didn't fully get it.
  2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal

3. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member

I was under the impression that it was more of the sun, earth and moon all being lined up in some critical plane that will really screw with gravity and cause all sorts of floods and volcano eruptions. So much for Cali's not wanting fire. Looks like its bout to get hot in herrre

oh and solar eruptions as well, turn up the heat a lil mo
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Spoiled miserable Americans. Third worlders are happier.
  5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

They are hedging. It was supposed to be the end Jim Morrison style.
    StaceyO likes this.
  6. plotalot

plotalot Senior Member

Of course, or at least that is what I personally believe the afterlife holds in store. A complete and absolute revelation of every question I've ever had or I'm not going.
  7. martin

martin Banned Forever

Humans love doom myths like this and global warming
  8. 4EvrLSU

4EvrLSU Like a '59 Cadillac

I wish like hell there were a way to know for sure. I could get the satisfaction of taking care of some unfinished business, and if I got busted for it, it wouldn't matter.
  9. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Go to http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news174.html, the Near-Earth Object Program. Some of these nasties have passed Earth inside the orbits of our geosynchronous satellites. In terms of astronomical distances, that's nearly a direct impact. And any perturbation from another gravity well, solar flare or chance encounter with another orbiting body, moon, etc., and "that's the ball game, folks."

Planet killers, global killers, Extinction Level Events, etc.

See? Maybe the crazies have arrived!
  10. Winston1

Winston1 Senior Member

Don't you all know the world ended on November 3rd in what 40 seconds? :eek:
    StaceyO, CajunlostinCali and red55 like this.