The "Fowles OWNED Parker" thread.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SonnyLoco, Apr 6, 2008.

1. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

I know I will have to hear ESPN talk about how GREAT Parker is, and how she "carried her team on her hurt shoulder" bull crap all week long...so here's a thread for all of the people with the sense God gave a common house gnat.

Fowles hit 24 points, going 10 for 24 from the field, and had 20 rebounds. She also had 5 blocks...most of which were at Candace Parker's expense. And most of her points came with 3 people hanging off of her. She played the ENTIRE 40 minutes...most of which was with someone from Tennessee riding each arm.

The "great"...and I use that word loosely...Parker had 13 points...going an atrocious 6 for 27 from the field. 3 blocked shots and 15 rebounds...mostly because no one from LSU but Fowles was even under to basket to get rebounds???

Believe it or not, our FT percentage was higher than Tenn. Even though we only hit 36.8...they hit 28.6!

Fowles is the ONLY player Tennessee REALLY had to worry about...and she still hit 24 on them.

GREAT JOB "big un"...and great career!! We don't care what the Parker hype may be...we KNOW who is the BEST!!! YOU GO GUUURRLLLLLL!!!:thumb:

2. clair

clair Rockets

neither really owned one another.

they don't play one another too much.

3. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

2 words for espn...pain killers.

4. ertigers

ertigers Freshman

Maybe if we could have hit our free throws it would have been a different outcome.

1 person likes this.
  5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Big Syl will be missed...but for crying out loud, one more lousy free throw, or one more of the two or three point blank layups she missed, and we might be getting ready for Stanford right now. Why can't LSU basketball (men's or women's) stand up to Final Four pressure? That's a rhetorical question, of course.

6. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

That's a great question. LSU, men and women combined, are 0-8 in 7 final fours. At least, I'm not sure, did LSU make a final four before Brown.

7. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Talk about!

8. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Both players have relative strengths and weaknesses. As for Parker...VERY good. But, I thought...(last play not withstanding) somewhat selfish. However, I was wondering why the Lady Tigers quit defending in the final 7 seconds. Parker did show she knows what to do with the ball from any where on the court. But, if you just abandon all duties under and around the basket, you will create your own demise. Appreciate a great season by the ladies, though.

1 person likes this.
  9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

If the fundamentals of the women's game advances to the point of being able to consistently make layups, then maybe LSU could have seen a different outcome as well.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

No maybe about it, hit half of the 20 layups they missed and they win going away. That doesn't even take into consideration the abysmal free throw and outside shooting.