The Influx of Crazies on TF & the logic behind allowing it

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUGradin99, Oct 11, 2009.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Folks, I am with those of you who have complained about the crazy posts on here lately. I do appreciate those of you who have utilized the report post option. Every football season, this is what happens on the forum. The only difference this year is that as mods we are not deleting those posts any more due to guidance from forum ownership. While it is nice to not have do all of that work to keep things under control, it certainly is not exactly pleasing to see.

I know there have been some threads where a couple of us have indicated such, but I felt a thread dedicated to this was warranted. Just so that people would read it and get an idea of why this is being allowed to happen.

While it may seem like total chaos right now, I do feel confident that Brett has some very exciting things in mind for the upcoming weeks. For every irrational crazy new member we've gained, there have also been plenty of new members that have been more than welcomed additions to the forum.

Some of you may have caught hints or glimpses of a new website in the works. While we, as mods, do not know all the details, we are excited by some of the things we have been told. Brett is working very hard on taking the forum to the next level and developing this into a full-blown one stop shop for LSU sports. So the growing pains we have will hopefully be more than worthwhile.

I must admit that I question the direction of the forum myself, but I have really enjoyed this forum over the years. Knowing that Brett created it gives me hope that the next generation of TF will be as enjoyable too, if not more.

Thanks for taking the time to read. Would really enjoy any feedback or comments any of you may have!

1 person likes this.
  2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

appreciate the info

so does this mean we have freer reign to "fight back" without getting banned ourselves?

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Absolutely! In fact, it is great to see our regularly band together and take a stand against some of the idiotic postings. We can all still make this place what we want it to be.

Also, no long-time members have ever really been in any danger of being banned.

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

It's Brett's forum and he may obviously do with it as he sees fit. I'm just a paying guest.

I am alarmed at some of the posts I have read recently that have stayed on the board. One this afternoon in particular. That poster grossly violated the rules and I was glad to see him banned. We don't need his type on Tiger Forums.

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I poked around several LSU forums before settling here some 6 years ago. This is a good place with good posters. Even if we agree to disagree its no big deal because we are all fairly civil. However, why we allow obvious trolls is puzzling. I can understand not wanting to rule with an iron fist because that can run good people off but why put up with posters who are here only to disrupt? They arent kidding anyone and to allow that just pulls us into the gutter with some of the other child ridden sites out there. We were always a cut above but now we are becoming just like them. The trolls being allowed to post makes my experience here much less enjoyable.

I would urge the rethinking of this new policy. A blend of tolerance and fair moderation is the ticket. I suspect we were a bit too quick on the draw in the past and thats why Brett instituted the change but we seem to have gone 180 degrees and now risk losing good posters by allowing gibberish to pollute the forum.

6. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a little secret that I have learned, if you ignore the trolls and those that are making bad posts, they will get tired of it and go away. The more that you post back to them, the more that they are gonna post, people like that feed off of stuff.

When I see a poster being stupid, I just ignore him. I do not put him on ignore, I just pretend that he is not even there. Even if he posts something directly to me.

Anyways that is what I do.

:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige

2 people like this.
  7. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Thanks for the info, Grad. This is a great forum and I've enjoyed the people I've met from the board, on and off the net. I trust you guys to do the right thing. I'm still new here, but its a good place to hang out and talk shop!

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

well this is the answer

I don't post in any absurd thread

I don't even read it

Unfortunately for some of TF faithful, it's too alluring to ignore and it pisses them off and they respond...and of course the thread starters eat it all up...unfortunately

1 person likes this.
  9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

This is true. We can solve the problem by not posting in the threads. The vermin will go where they can get attention. I hereby resolve to post no more in annoying threads started by trolls.For the record, I don't read TC's threads either. He's worse than a troll. He's like a malignant tumor.

10. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I second that... However, I thought your thread that got one of those boobs banned was great.