Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

The Leftovers

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by CajunlostinCali, Jun 29, 2014.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali The Bionic Burro

Starts tonight on HBO.

Who is watching? Or is it just me??
  2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Veteran Member

Can't decide if I should start that one yet or start later if gets good reviews.
    red55 likes this.
  3. fanatic

fanatic Buckle your seatbelts...

How was it?
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yeah I'm gonna wait until someone tells me if it's worth it. I've heard Silicon Valley is awesome though.
  5. CajunlostinCali

Pretty underwhelming for a first look. Spent an hour defining the roles and character introduction. 2% of the planet disappears and 3 years later, folks are dealing with the result of the unknown. The unknown may never be revealed and this may be a character driven study on lives after whatever you want to call it. Frustrating and somber is the best way to put it. It does a good job at mocking relevant social matters but that is the best of the least.

i was looking for Sunday night filler leading up to Halt and Catch Fire. All it really is...just filler. Nothing much here if you are not willing to invest your time into character development. I will give it another run (what's an hour to waste) but unless subliminal messages begin to appear, it might be a good time to re-watch last years football games.
  6. lsutiga

lsutiga TF Pubic Relations

Never heard of it.
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Is it supposed to be like the left behind book series that is a look at the earth after all the good Christians are accepted into heaven and everyone else is left behind?
  8. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

No. From the little bit I know about the source material, one of the big controversies in the post disappearance world is that some people insist on calling what happened the Rapture, but most Christians realize it wasn't. The people who disappeared crossed all racial, religious and sexual preference lines. It seemed to be a truly random event and, as such, not all of the people who disappeared had accepted Jesus as their personal savior.

I don't know what to think about it. It kind of had that creepy Lost feeling, which I enjoyed. But I don't know that I want to invest in something that's almost sure not to pay off. Not that there always has to be a definitive answer, and this certainly seems like it's going to be much more about the people who are left rather than the ones who have disappeared, but I just don't know how much that's going to keep my attention.
  9. CajunlostinCali

10. locoguano

locoguano Fear the Beard.

I found it to be sufficiently weird to hold my interest... at least until we find out what the cult is.