The man's got some kinda ego.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ronbono, Jan 1, 2005.

1. ronbono

ronbono Founding Member

Last night on WWL TV: Nick is angry about the way the coaching search is going and he doesn't want to see what he built crumble down and he thinks Jimbo should be the next coach. I say if it were my choice Nick you wouldn't be coaching this bowl game. This team is no longer yours. You have some kinda ego! If your feeling guilty because your leaving all your assistants out to dry, that's your problem. Don't want to see what you built crumble, then make an HONEST commitment to stay. I also remember you being angry at a verbal commitment bc he changed his mind and went somewhere else. You hypocrite! What about the commitment you signed to LSU? Set an example Nick. Don't let that selfish ego of yours make a hypocrite out of you. You had it all here but it wasn't enough for that ego of yours. Your really wasting some of your talent in the NFL. You're a great teacher and you'll be wasting much of that talent in the NFL where it's full of rich, arrogant, know it alls.

2. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

did it occur to you that while he is leaving he MIGHT actually care about how the program is run after he departs? :dis:

maybe he WANTS LSU to do well so that his LEGACY for recruiting and team building stays intact?

And lastly maybe JUST maybe being a great coach he has some INSIGHT as to how Jimbo would handle a team on his own?

then again he could just be lying so that the Tigers would fail after he leaves but what good would that do him? :dis:

besides, it's not bragging IF you can back it up.

3. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

If Saban wanted JF to be his replacement, he should've engineered a solid succession plan with Bertman before the crap hit the fan with the press.

4. ronbono

ronbono Founding Member

Saban hands you the Kool-Aid and you drink it.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

The problem with this is we still have the bad taste in our mouths from the
    Mike Archer situation.
    This is probably the whole reason Jimbo won't have a prayer to become the
    next LSU head coach.

6. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I drink a lot of Saban's kool-aid and love it

7. mrbayoublu

mrbayoublu Founding Member

Saban could have done a much better job of grooming Jimbo for the job. Heck, he knew he would be going NFL sooner or later. How much control did he pass to Jimbo? Probably none. Even the offensive parameters were dictated by Saban.

8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

man i didnt even see the interview this crap doesnt rule my life. i was just pointing out to you that it could be different. take care.