The officiating was a God damn joke

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 6, 2018.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Quite the opposite. Under and post time as a student and paid dues member. The section I had tickets is one that's getting "organized." It gives me the right to speak on it from both points of view---at the same time.

He was pointing to students. They're getting a standing room only area. The stadium is getting remodeled again and it's going corporatecentric.

Look. It's pretty cool and a lot of it they're not far away from now.

2. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

The SEC pretty much have cathedrals for football stadiums now.

I was listening to KNBR 680 this morning ( A Sports Radio Network in San Francisco Area ) and they were talking about they had stopped playing the 4th qtr Dixie song from group Alabama because of some of the added words just like the song at LSU they quit playing because sttdb was added.

Let us know if the crowd keeps saying the bad words when they play it next. Terry Saban , Damien Harris, Student Body President etc were together asking the students to quit supplementing to the song or else will be banned forever.

I know its all in fun for these students but people bring families to the game and just don't want young people hearing it.

I can see it both ways

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

And now for the rest of the story...

Back in 2014 a Birmingham columnist, Kevin Scarbinsky, wrote an piece about the song and the students inclusion of "fuck Auburn." It's ironic you bring this up because Scarbinsky framed his article with mention of people getting upset with "Fuck Saban" chants at the LSU game--in Baton Rouge that year. (You may remember Alleva and his letter of apology.) As the song played the students added "Fuck Auburn, And LSU. And Tennessee, too."

One time. Here's where I was left smirking, shaking my head in amusement, thinking about how the administration didn't have an issue with it being said one time in the song. Literally, the crowd that was upset about the cheer Rammer Jammer in the pre-game (we're going to beat the hell out of you) was larger and crying more loudly than those upset about Dixieland Delight.

Until...
    Scarbinsky writes an article scolding the student body about their cheer--hence, addition(s) to the song.

Welp...it led to this. If you can't tell, the students started singing "fuck Auburn" at every pause in the song the following Saturday...when Auburn came to town.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    LSUTiga likes this.
  4. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

you cant win either way college kids will be college kids and parents with young kids don't want the kids to hear it.

No win