The Opposition really does "Fear The Hat"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ScottforJC, Oct 19, 2010.

1. ScottforJC

ScottforJC It's never over until God says its over-Sid Ortis

Here in Mobile, I'm surrounded by Alabama and Auburn fans who absolutely despise Les Miles. They are constantly talking bad about him. "He's an idiot", "He can't manage the clock", "He this...", "He that...", blah, blah, blah.

Why would they care so much about our coach? Why not talk up how great the almighty Saban is or how Chizik is 'da man' instead of bashing Miles?

I believe it's fear of the unknown, the unpredictability, the last minute come-from-behind victories, the record. We all recognize his shortcomings but, it's my belief that a lot of the Bammers and Barners truly do "Fear The Hat"! You can see it in their eyes as they passionately rant about him.

Anyone else get this feeling from opposing fans?

:milesmic: :geaux: :milesmic:

2. N-AL-LSUfan

N-AL-LSUfan Freshman

Absolutely! But here in Huntsville, I hear it more from Auburn and Tennessee fans.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Well, he is an idiot that has beaten Auburn 3 years in a row, and the 1 time he lost to Auburn was cheated out of a victory. So, i guess it makes them feel better to call someone an idiot. But riddle me this, who is the bigger idiot, the actual idiot, or the people who get beaten by the idiot over and over again?

4. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

"He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'Rat on your pop, and Keyser Soze will get you.' And no-one ever really believes."

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Miles is Verbal Kint. Or is he Keyser Sose?

I don't even know if I believe that, I just wanted to say it.

1 person likes this.
  5. ScottforJC

ScottforJC It's never over until God says its over-Sid Ortis

Had to look this one up. Kind of a "Les Miles: The Man, The Myth, The Legend". Is he really Steve Spurrier? The clock management style is hauntingly similar.

:geaux:

6. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

There are auburn fans in Huntsville? When did that happen?

7. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

dunno about that.

Most of the Auburn fans I know either like Miles or are ambivolent towards him. In fact, given the number of times I've defended Miles on this very forum, I'd venture to guess that the average Auburn fan has more respect for Miles than a considerable number of LSU fans .... no disrespect intended.

[​IMG]

8. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

I think people have moved on from the "can't manage the clock" to "he always wins these close games, let's make sure it isn't close".

9. PGTiger

PGTiger Founding Member

I'm from Huntsville myself... Couldn't stand hearing the "We got your coach" from the Bama fans. Glad I'm at LSU now. Are they not as "Cocky" this year after the loss? :)

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

No you got Miami's coach, our coach is Les Miles. :miles: :thumb: :D